Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Vowel Village Example to Share? Level 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherylswope
    replied
    Re: Vowel Village Example to Share? Level 2

Hi, Heather.

I have not created a visual example, but I can encourage you in this way:

The activity is designed to promote categorization. You are simply helping the student(s) find words with similar vowel patterns and place them together.

You could do this on the board or on a large poster. Just draw a small village with different sized homes. In your lesson plans, the larger mansion is filled with silent e words, because we study so many of them. Your cul-de-sac with homes containing r-controlled vowels (the -ar house, -er house, -ir house) will emphasize the way the r "curves" the vowel. Whenever you encounter a word with a similar pattern, add to its correct home.

If you prefer a more kinesthetic activity, you could create a village model with blocks on the floor. Then insert tiny word-card people to live inside the home. Or design any way you would like! Of course, if you do not have the time, vision, or inclination for such a village, you can create simple lists. The important task is categorizing words, so the vowel patterns become more recognizable and familiar.

I hope that helps --

Cheryl

Leave a comment:

• HeatherB
    started a topic Vowel Village Example to Share? Level 2

Vowel Village Example to Share? Level 2

Does anyone have a Vowel Village to share with me? I admit I skipped this project and am trying to visualize it. If someone has done theirs and is willing to share, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Heather
Working...
X