Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

OT: Great energy/sensory release find.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Great energy/sensory release find.

Good morning all!

We recently moved to the Ann Arbor/Detroit metro area so we are renting until we find where we want to live. My dyslexic, ADD, anxious 7-year-old has missed his play structure terribly, especially the swing. So for Christmas we bought the boys a Gorilla Gym. Oh my, what a difference this has made in our homeschool. It's wonderful for rainy or snowy days, even for those who have an outside structure. He starts the day swinging and he has been so much more focused when we do school. He swings after each subject.

It isn't the cheapest, but it has been well worth the money in our house! https://gorilla-gym.com/product/kids-package/

Just thought I would pass this along!

Christy

Re: OT: Great energy/sensory release find.

Originally posted by Catfan View Post
    Good morning all!

We recently moved to the Ann Arbor/Detroit metro area so we are renting until we find where we want to live. My dyslexic, ADD, anxious 7-year-old has missed his play structure terribly, especially the swing. So for Christmas we bought the boys a Gorilla Gym. Oh my, what a difference this has made in our homeschool. It's wonderful for rainy or snowy days, even for those who have an outside structure. He starts the day swinging and he has been so much more focused when we do school. He swings after each subject.

It isn't the cheapest, but it has been well worth the money in our house! https://gorilla-gym.com/product/kids-package/

Just thought I would pass this along!

Christy
    We did something similar for Christmas -- for the same reasons!
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
    DS-12 (6M)
    DS-10 (SC3)
    DD-8 (MP2)
    DD-6 (SC2)
    DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

That looks very cool! I can imagine the fights over it though. We'd have to get three!
      Susan

2018-2019
      A (10) - Barton, R&S math 3, SC 3
      C (9) - Barton, R&S math 2, SC 3
      G (5) - Simply Classical C

Comment

Originally posted by sfhargett View Post
        That looks very cool! I can imagine the fights over it though. We'd have to get three!
        We have to set a timer for each person's turn or it quickly becomes an issue.
        Jennifer

2018-2019
        DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
        DS-12 (6M)
        DS-10 (SC3)
        DD-8 (MP2)
        DD-6 (SC2)
        DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
          We have to set a timer for each person's turn or it quickly becomes an issue.
          Ha. Yes a timer would be a much more reasonable solution.
          Susan

2018-2019
          A (10) - Barton, R&S math 3, SC 3
          C (9) - Barton, R&S math 2, SC 3
          G (5) - Simply Classical C

Comment

Working...
          X