Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Question re: Alphabet animal coloring in SC C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question re: Alphabet animal coloring in SC C

Hello!

My quick question: In SC C the kiddos color the animal alphabet pages. Are we letting them color imaginatively or are we finding pictures and having them color the animal realistically as a way to learn about the real animal?

And otherwise just a hello and Merry Christmas! I was on this forum a while ago and got to know some of you ladies a bit, but as I finished up Level B with my son he was finally back on track developmentally (Which I am forever grateful for this program as I am sure it had tons to do with getting his motor and concentration skills up to age appropriate levels) and between that, his ABA therapy focus being on appropriate play and socializing and my husband being overseas all year I gave him a break to just be a little boy for awhile. We are moving over the summer and I will be attempting to get him on the mainstream Kindergarten track next school year so we will be doing level C at a slightly faster pace to be done before the move. Excited to be here with you ladies in the same trenches as me again and excited to me teaching my son again.

)

Re: Question re: Alphabet animal coloring in SC C

Welcome back! As a classroom teacher, I pre-colored all the pages of Animal Alphabet as an example for the students. I Googled (not sure that is a legitimate word) each animal and made mine look as close to real as possible. Some animals were the Korean name for rat, for example or some other language for an animal. Then some animal names I could not find at all. In that case I told students they could use their imagination. This could be a nice science research activity!

Blessings,
    Michelle T

Comment

Re: Question re: Alphabet animal coloring in SC C

Originally posted by auroralavey View Post
      Hello!

My quick question: In SC C the kiddos color the animal alphabet pages. Are we letting them color imaginatively or are we finding pictures and having them color the animal realistically as a way to learn about the real animal?

And otherwise just a hello and Merry Christmas! I was on this forum a while ago and got to know some of you ladies a bit, but as I finished up Level B with my son he was finally back on track developmentally (Which I am forever grateful for this program as I am sure it had tons to do with getting his motor and concentration skills up to age appropriate levels) and between that, his ABA therapy focus being on appropriate play and socializing and my husband being overseas all year I gave him a break to just be a little boy for awhile. We are moving over the summer and I will be attempting to get him on the mainstream Kindergarten track next school year so we will be doing level C at a slightly faster pace to be done before the move. Excited to be here with you ladies in the same trenches as me again and excited to me teaching my son again.

)

Aurora! Good to hear from you.

Yes, provide a model, as Michelle suggested.

If he were to color all animals purple, or red and green for Christmas, this will not help him with his animal studies! You can use a color encyclopedia set, field guides, animal books from the library, the World of Animals, or the internet to find the actual size & color of the animals. In this way, you might create a mini-course in research to accompany coloring and animal studies.

Congratulations on all of the progress since last time!

Cheryl

Comment

Working...
      X