Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Behavior Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behavior Problem

Trying to follow the advice of another post here I gave my daughter a list of things to do for school. One of them is to do a page of copy book that she did not want to do previously. She wrote all of the letters of the alphabet but also scribbled all over the page and ripped it. How do I respond to this? The idea was that if we finished all of the work on her list we need to go to the swimming pool this afternoon and if not she gets to keep doing homework until she goes to bed or gets it done. I honestly don't know if this should count as doing her work or if I should give her another page of copybook to do or if I should make her rewrite the page on a piece of paper.
    JeJe Greer
    Mom to:
    Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
    Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Re: Behavior Problem

Hi, Jeje.

By the time you read this, you may have already decided. It seems you can lean one of (at least) two ways:

1. Yes, you finished, so you will swim with us. However, you did not complete your work page neatly and properly, so when we return home, you will recopy this.

2. This is not acceptable, so you will not swim today. Instead, you will stay back and do this same page over. This time, do not make any extra marks. Do not rip the paper. Place your paper in this folder when you finish. Then you may be excused.

For the future, you might post guidelines for completion, so you can refer to an external standard:

-All exercises must be finished.
    -All letters or words must be written neatly.
    -The paper must not be torn or ripped.
    -No extra marks are allowed.
    -You must achieve 80% or above correct on your work.

Different moms will address this differently. The above are just some ideas for a brighter child that is trying to push limits.

As someone else here said, behavior difficulties are often harder on us than the academic ones!

Cheryl

Comment

Re: Behavior Problem

We did not go swimming. We also did not go today (when it was also offered as an incentive) because Clara has not finished her work. She is doing better at copybook, though.
      JeJe Greer
      Mom to:
      Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
      Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

Working...
      X