Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC 3 Tentative Booklist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SC 3 Tentative Booklist

I have a question. I have Latina Christiana materials which I used with my now 9 year old. I had hoped I could use them with Simply Classical but it looks like Memoria Press has changed the curriculum and the old materials will not be compatible with the new ones? Is there any way I can use the older still to help save money(I'm assuming they will eventually do Latina Christiana in Simply Classical sequence?)

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherB View Post
      I have a question. I have Latina Christiana materials which I used with my now 9 year old. I had hoped I could use them with Simply Classical but it looks like Memoria Press has changed the curriculum and the old materials will not be compatible with the new ones? Is there any way I can use the older still to help save money(I'm assuming they will eventually do Latina Christiana in Simply Classical sequence?)
      Yes, we did issue a new edition of Latina Christiana. We spoke to Cheryl Swope and she will be teaching LC immediately after Prima, and she will be using the new edition. There were a lot of improvements in this edition and we do feel it is worth the upgrade. If purchased as part of a Simply Classical Package, it will be heavily discounted.

That being said, if you would rather stick with your old edition, I would go ahead and order the student materials that you need now. We do have limited stock left, but will not be reprinting. Give us a call and we can see what we have.

HTH!
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

I guess I'm feeling frustrated because I just bought the 3rd edition this time last year and had hoped it would last through my children as money can be tight homeschooling 4 kids. I found someone selling some of the compatible parts (used) so I may buy it and just have to tweak the curriculum Cheryl designed to meet my family's needs. I have to save as much as I can around here.

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherB View Post
          I guess I'm feeling frustrated because I just bought the 3rd edition this time last year and had hoped it would last through my children as money can be tight homeschooling 4 kids. I found someone selling some of the compatible parts (used) so I may buy it and just have to tweak the curriculum Cheryl designed to meet my family's needs. I have to save as much as I can around here.

Heather
          Completely understandable, and I apologize for inadvertently causing frustration! It's always a struggle to balance (A) improving a product for future users and (B) keeping products consistent for as many years as possible. As I mentioned in my lat post, we do have some stock left of the old edition, and as always, if you need additional help making things work, just give us a call and we'll see what we can do.
          Michael
          Memoria Press

Comment

I love the look of this, but I have a question. Will there also be art cards, music cd, and /or Science books/ supplies as part of the SC3 package? Thanks, Lillian

Comment

Originally posted by LillianinAl View Post
              I love the look of this, but I have a question. Will there also be art cards, music cd, and /or Science books/ supplies as part of the SC3 package? Thanks, Lillian
              We tried to keep this as affordable as possible, so this is the plan:

You will not need to purchase a music cd. We will provide a Spotify/iTunes playlist for you.

Art lessons are expanded to teach or review artists and periods from ALL K-2 Art cards. People can purchase the posters or re-use their sets from previous MP or SC levels.

Science is embedded in the SC Enrichment guide with lessons including observation, classification, research, and experiments using household items.

In SC 4, we will expand our coverage of classical science through classifications. I'm also excited about a possible art component for SC 4. Too early to say about music, but I have an idea and, as always, requests are welcome!

Comment

This is getting way ahead of things, but for SC4 I would think you could use the Mammals curriculum with a new guide. We have The World of Animals, and it is a fascinating book for my kids. Also, the Creating Art resource looks amazing, and I do not even know that it would have to be modified.
                JeJe Greer
                Mom to:
                Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
                Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

Good morning, Jeje! You're not too far ahead at all.

The copy editor & I completed final edits on the last ex nihilo book (SC Writing: American History Read-Aloud edition) on Holy Saturday.

With this accomplished, I began SC 4 in earnest on Monday, so I have been submerged in potential SC 4 books all week. I'll start a new SC 4 thread & add your input.

Thanks very much --

Cheryl

Comment

Is there a supplemental read-aloud/enrichment book list not previously listed?

There is a 20% off at Thrift books for 4 + books and just wanted to make sure I had all the "necessary" and supplemental books for this level!

Thanks!
                    Christine

(2018-2019)
                    DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
                    DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
                    DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
                    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
                    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
                    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post
                      Is there a supplemental read-aloud/enrichment book list not previously listed?

There is a 20% off at Thrift books for 4 + books and just wanted to make sure I had all the "necessary" and supplemental books for this level!

Thanks!
                      How often do they do sales like that? I've ordered before, but I'm not on their email list.
                      Jennifer

2018-2019
                      DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
                      DS-12 (6M)
                      DS-10 (SC3)
                      DD-8 (MP2)
                      DD-6 (SC2)
                      DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
                        How often do they do sales like that? I've ordered before, but I'm not on their email list.
                        I just saw someone else post it! Actually, my hubby asked I not buy anything and just wait! LOL We'll just wait to see what all is available direct from MP!
                        Christine

(2018-2019)
                        DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
                        DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
                        DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
                        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
                        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
                        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

MP's ever-faithful Michael is working on updating this thread to add SC 3 books.

Watch for the update to answer the question about any additional SC 3 books!

Comment

Good morning,

The SC3 ISBN list is ready! Please see the Simply Classical ISBN Lists sticky thread.

HTH!
                            Michael
                            Memoria Press

Comment

I see States & Capitals flashcards are listed. Would you recommend 1 set per child?

I'm not sure how they're used. I've found my 2 kids differ greatly on their narration ability. So, if the state cards are used to master names or capitals I would probably want a set per child. But if they're just used like, here's a quick picture and some facts, one set will do.

Thanks!
                              Married to DH for 13 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS10- Simply Classical 4 / Grade 3 Classic Core,
                              DD8- Grade 2 Classic Core,
                              DD 6- Classic Core Kindergarten

Comment

Hi, Colomama,

Yes, the states & capitals flash cards are used in SC 3 for learning and memorizing the capitals for each state. If you wanted separate piles for individualized reviewing, you might need two "decks."

Comment

Working...
                                X