Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

So happy about cursive!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So happy about cursive!

I will admit, I was dreading teaching cursive this year. I never had any thoughts of NOT doing it, but I was definetly not looking forward to it! My daughter is surprising me and is doing really well with it! I have always known that cursive is really easier to write, but I didn't BELIEVE IT for my child! It isn't perfect by any means, but she even said herself, "cursive is easier".

When we really started printing 2 years ago, it was an extremely painful process. We spent a week on each letter, and sometimes even two. Sandpaper letters, writing in sand, chalkboard using the "wet, dry, try" method from HWOT, and then, finally trying on a line.

We just started trying in on the line, for cursive! She's doing great! The pace is wonderful and we loved the review week built in! IT was so much fun writing in cursive outside on a beautiful day with sidewalk chalk!
    Christine

(2019/2020)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Re: So happy about cursive!

Sidewalk cursive in the sunshine -- very good to hear!

My son found this too. Easier to keep thoughts flowing, easier to form letters, easier to write legibly, just easier.

Comment

Working...
    X