Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SCB Garden of Songs, but other CDs, VIA Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCB Garden of Songs, but other CDs, VIA Amazon

Just an FYI, I have put off buying some of the CD mentioned (required) in syllabi! I am kind of glad I did! :-) I finally thought to go check out amazon music/videos, etc after I bought a number of small items from amazon (we have prime) and accrued a $10 video/mp3 credit for taking the "slow" shipping over the 2 day prime. First, the Garden of Songs (the other one too!) was only $8.99, compared to the $13.99 listed at various places for the actual CD. So, there was a savings of $5. However, since I had the $10 credit for taking the slow shipping, it was free. :-)
    Christine

(2019/2020)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Re: SCB Garden of Songs, but other CDs, VIA Amazon

Oh my goodness! We have been listening to the "songs" for 3 days now. (My kids know many of them because before we switched to MP our other curriculum provider had my oldest memorizing nearly all of Robert Louis Stevenson's poems!) I kept "singing" them out loud. My kids kept asking me to stop (not uncommon for them to ask me to stop signing. I used to do it all the time when they were babies...they pretty much asked me to stop the moment they could....LOL) Anyway, they said to another "I really didn't want her playing those songs because now the poems are playing over and over in my head"? Ummm, wasn't that the point kiddos?

I'm now thoroughly addicted to these kinds of CDs. I WILL invest in more!
    Christine

(2019/2020)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

I've only listened to the first one (Garden of Songs) but one of them is on Spotify, if you have it. Back to the Garden I think.

Slugs and Bugs Sing the Bible is another great CD. Its well done children's music, scripture set to music.
      Susan

2019-2020
      A (11) - R&S math 4, Mash up of MP 2/3 & SC 4
      C (10) - R&S math 3, Mash up of MP 2/3 & SC 4
      G (6) - Simply Classical C

Comment

Originally posted by sfhargett View Post
        I've only listened to the first one (Garden of Songs) but one of them is on Spotify, if you have it. Back to the Garden I think.

Slugs and Bugs Sing the Bible is another great CD. Its well done children's music, scripture set to music.
        Some of the Garden Songs were actually on Amazon prime, but to buy the remaining one individually, was more than buying the whole album! I did not think to check spotify! I will have to look around for others! However, I like to download so we can play in the car and not worry about using wifi!
        Christine

(2019/2020)
        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

Working...
        X