Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Target Release Date for SC Level 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Target Release Date for SC Level 2

They haven't done ai or ay much and Ligia is having trouble with oa, too. I don't know...

I could get them and see what happens and if not have them on hand for after level 2.

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherB View Post
      They haven't done ai or ay much and Ligia is having trouble with oa, too. I don't know...

I could get them and see what happens and if not have them on hand for after level 2.

Heather

That sounds like a good idea. The teacher's guide will help you with suggestions to carefully introduce each skill. You can adapt wherever necessary, e.g., separating each "vowel team" on the board before combining them in the lesson. If you take it step-by-step, they may do very well.

Keep us posted -

Cheryl

Comment

Is their a readiness assessment for level 2 and / or level 3 available?

Also, with the 2 different writing options available for SC 2 (storytime and Bible) can we jump back and forth between them if desired or should we choose 1 and stick with it? I know that Anita and others may choose to do both for repetition, but can we do a few weeks out of Storytime if we really enjoy the story and then jump to Bible for awhile?

Penmanship is offered in manuscript and cursive. I was planning on introducing cursive this next year and was thinking about doing the NAC cursive at Sodalitas, would this still be beneficial given the specialized SC curriculum material? Are the letters introduced alphabetically, or by stroke direction /type?

Thanks
        Last edited by Colomama; 02-26-2016, 03:08 PM.
        Married to DH for 14 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS11- Simply Classical 5/6
        DD9- Simply Classical 5/6 (neurotypical, but schooling with big brother to save mom's sanity)
        DD 6- Classic Core First Grade

We've completed:
        Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
        Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

Is their a readiness assessment for level 2 and / or level 3 available?

Not yet, but there will be!

Also, with the 2 different writing options available for SC 2 (storytime and Bible) can we jump back and forth between them if desired or should we choose 1 and stick with it? I know that Anita and others may choose to do both for repetition, but can we do a few weeks out of Storytime if we really enjoy the story and then jump to Bible for awhile?

You can choose one for the year, jump back and forth as you want, or use both simultaneously. The directions are the same for both the Read-Aloud Edition and Bible Story Edition, so the only significant difference is the content of the sentences. The books will be easy to interchange, if you would like.

Penmanship is offered in manuscript and cursive. I was planning on introducing cursive this next year and was thinking about doing the NAC cursive at Sodalitas, would this still be beneficial given the specialized SC curriculum material? Are the letters introduced alphabetically, or by stroke direction /type?

We're using NAC 1 in SC 2. NAC 1 will introduce the letters alphabetically.

Yes, the NAC session will still apply with your SC levels! I thoroughly enjoyed attending NAC pre-conference sessions with Iris. I would recommend attending her NAC session this summer, if you can.

I think that's everything!

Thanks-
          Cheryl

Abbreviations:
          NAC = New American Cursive
          SC 2 = Simply Classical Level 2 (coming April, 2016, if all goes well)

Comment

Absolutely marvelous! Your team has made this so user friendly and customizable! Kudos
            Married to DH for 14 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS11- Simply Classical 5/6
            DD9- Simply Classical 5/6 (neurotypical, but schooling with big brother to save mom's sanity)
            DD 6- Classic Core First Grade

We've completed:
            Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
            Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

Working...
            X