Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Learning Continents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning Continents

Any favorite resources for learning the continents?

Heather

Re: Learning Continents

We included this 48-piece puzzle, "GeoPuzzle Animals," in SC Level 1. See what you think. MP carries this for slightly less than Amazon. "GeoPuzzle Animals" can be purchased individually here.

My children also enjoyed learning the names of continents, oceans, and countries from Troxel's Geography Songs. (We played this so often in the car, they still know most of the songs!)

Thanks-
    Cheryl

Simply Classical - the book

Simply Classical - the curriculum - more levels to come

Comment

I'd forgotten I had a song on the geography Cd (I just was remembering the countries on there. OOPS!). I will look at the puzzle as well. I'm trying to tweak the 2 year States & Capitals so they can do part of it as their brother does it with accomodations...
      Originally posted by HeatherB View Post
      Any favorite resources for learning the continents?

Heather

Comment

Oh that puzzle is cute...we have an old similar looking one from when the big kids were little and bought little plastic animals for matching to...is was always a popular thing for one of them to do when I was occupied with a sibling...

We switched pediatricians a few years back and the rug in the waiting room is a giant version of the puzzle complete with animals...they had a blast hoping from continent to continent when I called them out...If you had a big rug you could use painters tape or chalk outside for a whole body version, if you were feeling up to making your own map...
        Winter 2020 :
        DD - Graduated!
        DS - core 10 with remediation/support
        DD - core 7 with remediation/support
        DS - core 5 with remediation/support

Comment

Working...
        X