Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

WTM Session - Opening: The Most POWERFUL Time of Your Child's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTM Session - Opening: The Most POWERFUL Time of Your Child's Day

Welcome to anyone coming here from our WTM session!

For those of you who attended, thank you for your kind attention. Given some distractions with technical difficulties immediately before and during the session, I could have given the microphone to my daughter much sooner. She remained poised and thoroughly enjoyed herself!

If you attended this session and would like a free copy of Michelle's poetry book, Through Time's Looking Glass: A Book of Poetry, just send your mailing address to me at cherylswope@memoriapress.com. I have a few copies remaining and would like to compensate anyone who may have felt slighted, as we finished early!

Resources Referenced in this Session:

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child
    - the book

Simply Classical Curriculum - find Recitations available individually, along with many other resources and free online assessments

The longer handout for today's earlier session, "Why Classical Education for Special Needs: You CAN Do This!" is now available on this website: CherylSwope.com.

Thanks to everyone who attended either session (or both!). Thank you, especially, to all who participated with questions & answers.

Cheryl

I just received an emailed question from someone new to the practice of Recitations.

You will receive very brief Teacher Notes with your recitations, whether you purchase the Simply Classical Recitations or the regular Memoria Press Recitations individually or within a curriculum package.

However, for anyone new to Recitations, you might be helped by this article from Leigh Lowe:

How to Conduct a Recitation and Why

We can adapt this practice with power, efficiency, and success for many of our special-needs children simply by shortening the required amount of material (sometimes dramatically) and increasing the amount of review.

Thanks-
    Cheryl

Comment

Working...
    X