Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

So Happy Using the K Core!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Happy Using the K Core!

I just wanted to comment that I am SO HAPPY with the kindergarten core for my K non special needs child and my 1st grade special needs child. I'm using it as written except I'm using 1st grade math plans for my 1st grader and Barton for his reading and spelling. This is the first time I've been truly confident in my methods and actually mostly enjoying teaching my children. I wanted to stay away from work books because I thought they would be "boring" but they are just what we need. They love the recitations. I love the simplicity and cohesiveness of the materials. It is lovely.

I expect we'll move on to the 1st grade core sometime late fall and I'm going to order the SN A for my 2 year old with a language delay and I'm so excited!

I'm so glad I pulled out the K lesson plans and FSR and looked them over. This is exactly what we needed.
    Susan

2020-21
    A (12) - Simply Classical 5/6
    C (11) - Simply Classical 5/6
    G (7) - Simply Classical 1

Originally posted by sfhargett View Post
    I just wanted to comment that I am SO HAPPY with the kindergarten core for my K non special needs child and my 1st grade special needs child. I'm using it as written except I'm using 1st grade math plans for my 1st grader and Barton for his reading and spelling. This is the first time I've been truly confident in my methods and actually mostly enjoying teaching my children. I wanted to stay away from work books because I thought they would be "boring" but they are just what we need. They love the recitations. I love the simplicity and cohesiveness of the materials. It is lovely.

I expect we'll move on to the 1st grade core sometime late fall and I'm going to order the SN A for my 2 year old with a language delay and I'm so excited!

I'm so glad I pulled out the K lesson plans and FSR and looked them over. This is exactly what we needed.

Thank you for this! Your comments remind us that a gently-paced structure with integrated content assists not only the student, but also the teacher! Moreover, the MP Core Curriculum includes daily recitations to build oral language skills, attention, and working memory with timeless ease.

Your words summarize nicely:

They love the recitations. I love the simplicity and cohesiveness of the materials.

Your message also reminds us that the MP Core Curriculum can be adapted for many special-needs students with either (or both) of the two steps you implemented:
    1. Relaxing the pace and content by shifting to a lower level
    2. Substituting a more targeted program for the child's primary disability

For such families, the Simply Classical Curriculum may not be needed at all, or perhaps not until the upper levels.

You might find further encouragement for your efforts in one of my favorite articles written by Mrs. Lowe, "The Real Hands-On Learning."

Keep us posted!

Thanks again-
    Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child

Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. with Foreword by Dr. Gene Edward Veith

Comment

Working...
    X