Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Register Now - Simply Classical Summer Sessions - Online June 1, 8, 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Register Now - Simply Classical Summer Sessions - Online June 1, 8, 15

If you would like to attend an affordable conference from home, join me this summer for 3-week 90-minute sessions online:

Classical Education for Special Needs - Why & How 12-1:30pm EDT June 1, 8, 15

Break for a quick lunch, then ...

Classical Education for Special Needs - What & When 2:00-3:30pm EDT June 1, 8, 15

Attend all six sessions for just $40 total - ($20 Why & How, $20 What & When) - with no hotel or travel expenses!

After you register, please let me know:

cherylswope@memoriapress.com

I would like to send a small gift to anyone who attends both series.

I look forward to "meeting" you at this unique conference! If we have many attend from our MP forum, we can help one another. I'll provide ample time for Q&A at the end of each session.

Thanks-
    Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child
    Cheryl Swope, M.Ed., with foreword by Dr. Gene Edward Veith

NEW - Simply Classical Curriculum - more levels to come!

Register Now-Simply Classical Summer Sessions

Cheryl. What a great idea!! You have wonderful info to share which will help so many. It was great to see you in Cinci this past weekend. I attended some wonderful sessions on classical education which encourages me to continue on. Your session on labels was very helpful as I just got a phone call from the dr to set up Julie's testing. I was also so impressed with Memoria Press. The booth was beautiful and the staff is so helpful and accommodating. Blessings, Susan

Comment

Can I Join From My iPad?

Very excited to hear this! Truly a blessing for those of us who cannot travel. Am chomping at the bit to register for all six sessions -- can I access this conference using my iPad? That's really the only glitch. If someone can answer that, I am ready to register!
      Boy Wonder: 12, Seton and MP Electives (Special Needs)
      Joy Bubble: 10, Seton and MP Electives (Special Needs)
      Snuggly Cowboy: 8, Seton and MP Electives
      The Comedian: 4, Seton/MP Pre-K, though she’ll probably zoom through that in a week.

“Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.”
      ~Pope St John Paul II

Comment

Hi, Anita.

Try accessing registration from the hyperlinks in the original post.

If you cannot access the links from your iPad, let us know.

Thanks-
        Cheryl

Simply Classical Curriculum for Special Needs - more resources to come!

Comment

Hyperlinks work fine Was specifically curious if the streaming conference was built for iPad access. This has been an issue in the past with teleconferences I have been involved with (iPad can also not accommodate Adobe Flash Player). Sorry if that was unclear. Do you know if this conference stream is compatible with iPad or even current versions of iPhone (6 or 6+)?
          The Comedian: 4, Seton/MP Pre-K, though she’ll probably zoom through that in a week.

“Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.”
          ~Pope St John Paul II

Comment

Anita,

I am still waiting to hear from the conference organizers. When I receive an answer about iPad/iPhone conference compatibility, I'll let you know!

Thanks-
            Cheryl

Comment

Anita,

I just received this answer about the conference's compatibility with iPad & iPhone:

"Yes, users should be able to join from their mobile devices."

I hope this proves true. I would love to have you join the sessions!

Six 3-week 90-minute online sessions:

Classical Education for Special Needs - Why & How 12-1:30pm EDT
              June 1, 8, 15

Take a quick break, then:

Classical Education for Special Needs - What & When 2:00-3:30pm EDT June 1, 8, 15

Attend all six sessions for just $40 total.

Thanks-
              Cheryl

cherylswope.com

Comment

Registered Thank you!

~Pope St John Paul II

Comment

Is this only available live? I am interested but know now that one of those days I will not be available to join it live online. If this was addressed somewhere else and I missed the details, I am sorry.
                  Thanks!

Comment

When I registered, the confirmation email I received stated that the stream would be available after the fact. So if you can't make it to the stream "in person" you can access it any time. Here is the message:

"Attending the sessions is easy. All you need is an Internet connection and a Web browser. Well before the beginning of your first session, you’ll receive email instructions and a link to log in to our virtual conference site.

If you miss a session due to connectivity troubles, lost power, unexpected alien invasion, or an approaching asteroid, don’t panic. Sessions will be recorded–you won’t be able to ask questions live, but you’ll still be able to log in and watch."

HOORAY FOR TECHNOLOGY!!!!

~Pope St John Paul II

Comment

Thanks, Anita. I registered!

Comment

Some additional notes about these unique sessions:

1. Gift for First Ten to Register for Both Sessions
                        After you register for both the morning & afternoon sessions, June 1-15, please send your mailing address to cherylswope@memoriapress.com. Then I can send your small gift by mail. (I only have 10 of these little gifts, so act quickly if you can join us!)

2. Submit Questions in Advance
                        For those who attend every session - If you would prefer to submit questions ahead of time by email, rather than asking during an actual session, feel free to do this. You can remain anonymous in your question, if you would like.

For those who must miss a session - If you know that you cannot attend any given day or session, feel free to send questions ahead by email. If time permits, we might be able to discuss your questions pertaining to the day's topic, so you can listen later.

Thanks-
                        Cheryl

Cheryl Swope, M.Ed., with Foreword by Dr. Gene Edward Veith

cherylswope.com

Comment

Hi Cheryl

Just sent you my mailing address.

To clarify:
                          Do we send advance questions to your email at Memoria Press? Or to the Well-Trained Mind email? (Your message didn't specify -- sorry I am such a pain! LOL!)

Anita

~Pope St John Paul II

Comment

If you have questions for any of our Simply Classical sessions -- Classical Ed & Special Needs: You Can Do This! -- please send them directly to me:

cherylswope@memoriapress.com

(Even though WTM is graciously hosting, I am certain they do not want to act as secretary. )

As time permits, I will gather any questions ahead of each session. If the content is not already covered during the "lecture" portion, I will try to answer during Q&A. Throughout each session, the format should allow for participants to share thoughts, so everyone can contribute. I'm looking forward to this!

A reminder of topics for anyone who would like to send questions ahead of time:

Part 1 - Why & How - June 1, 8, 15

Part 2 - What & When - same days

Thanks-
                            Cheryl

Simply Classical Curriculum - with resources for special needs - more to come!

Comment

Bumping this for anyone who is thinking about attending, because only ~ 20 days remain!

Classical Education for Special Needs - Why & How 12-1:30pm EDT June 1, 8, 15

My daughter may join me toward the end of a session, if time permits. She enjoys reading her poems and hopes to share one or two with us. If you have her book, Through Time's Looking Glass, she will happily take requests.

If you do not have her book, I have seven left for anyone from our forum who registers for both sessions. Just email me your mailing address after you register, cherylswope@memoriapress.com, if you would like a copy as a gift.

Cheryl

helping you bring a classical education to any child

Upcoming Events:
                              FPEA Florida May 2015
                              WTM Online June 2015
                              GHC California June 2015
                              CCLE Texas July 2015
                              LCMS Missouri August 2015

See cherylswope.com for event details.

Comment

Working...
                              X