Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Suggestion Regarding Level B Webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion Regarding Level B Webpage

Yesterday when I received my Level B Core kit, I realized that the "My Very First Scissors Book" was not included. I had thought it was because it was in the list of "Individual Items" on the right side of the webpage. It was my fault for missing that it wasn't, but I brought it up when I called Memoria Press yesterday so they could maybe change something to make it more clear (so nobody would make the same mistake I had). The change they made was to remove it from the "Individual Items" list. Now there is nothing on the Level B page about it. I so appreciate them taking action on my concern so quickly, but that wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

My suggestion would be to list it somewhere on the Level B webpage with a notation that it is an optional resource parents may wish to purchase because Level C uses "My Very Own Scissors Book" (when I realized that it wasn't part of Level B, I looked more deeply into Level C and found that "My Very Own Scissors Book" is part of the Level C core kit). My son can't even hold a pair of scissors and would never be ready for "My Very Own Scissors Book" next year without first going through "My Very First Scissors Book." Heck, he still might not be ready for "My Very Own Scissors Book" next year, LOL. I am totally new to Memoria Press, and I wouldn't have even known to look for it or think to use it with the Level B curriculum if I hadn't seen it in the "Individual Items" list. I'm sure most are more familiar with what Memoria Press offers, but for those of us who aren't, having a notation like that would be so very helpful. If today was the first day I looked at the website, I would not have any idea that the "My Very First Scissors Book" could be a good add-on resource for Level B.

Thank you
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
    ds 23, graduated
    dd 15, 9th Grade
    dd 12, 6th Grade
    ds 10, 4nd Grade

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
    Yesterday when I received my Level B Core kit, I realized that the "My Very First Scissors Book" was not included. I had thought it was because it was in the list of "Individual Items" on the right side of the webpage. It was my fault for missing that it wasn't, but I brought it up when I called Memoria Press yesterday so they could maybe change something to make it more clear (so nobody would make the same mistake I had). The change they made was to remove it from the "Individual Items" list. Now there is nothing on the Level B page about it. I so appreciate them taking action on my concern so quickly, but that wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

My suggestion would be to list it somewhere on the Level B webpage with a notation that it is an optional resource parents may wish to purchase because Level C uses "My Very Own Scissors Book" (when I realized that it wasn't part of Level B, I looked more deeply into Level C and found that "My Very Own Scissors Book" is part of the Level C core kit). My son can't even hold a pair of scissors and would never be ready for "My Very Own Scissors Book" next year without first going through "My Very First Scissors Book." Heck, he still might not be ready for "My Very Own Scissors Book" next year, LOL. I am totally new to Memoria Press, and I wouldn't have even known to look for it or think to use it with the Level B curriculum if I hadn't seen it in the "Individual Items" list. I'm sure most are more familiar with what Memoria Press offers, but for those of us who aren't, having a notation like that would be so very helpful. If today was the first day I looked at the website, I would not have any idea that the "My Very First Scissors Book" could be a good add-on resource for Level B.

Thank you

Cheryl in CA,

Thank you! Yes, this is very helpful.

We will see whether we can 1) add My Very First Scissors Book to the Level B package or 2) make more clear that this is recommended for those with fine-motor difficulties.

I appreciate the feedback. (We're also readjusting the Level B and C assessments based on your input.)

As we add more levels, we intend to create a special page to make everything very clear. Everyone's early feedback assists this process.

Thanks-
    Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child

cherylswope.com

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
      Cheryl in CA,

Thank you! Yes, this is very helpful.

We will see whether we can 1) add My Very First Scissors Book to the Level B package or 2) make more clear that this is recommended for those with fine-motor difficulties.

I appreciate the feedback. (We're also readjusting the Level B and C assessments based on your input.)

As we add more levels, we intend to create a special page to make everything very clear. Everyone's early feedback assists this process.

Thanks-
      Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child

cherylswope.com
      Thanks It's only been a couple of days, but so far we are really enjoying it! Cognitively my son is beyond Level B, but (strange as it may seem) I think that's actually benefiting him. It's allowing him to work on his weaknesses in a less stressful environment (less stressful because he has already mastered the cognitive aspects of the lessons). He's able to concentrate on one thing (such as fine motor control while coloring in the Alphabet Coloring Book) instead of multiple things. For him, that means more focus and less short circuiting. I'm so thankful to have found this!
      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
      ds 23, graduated
      dd 15, 9th Grade
      dd 12, 6th Grade
      ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Working...
      X