Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Question on level C.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on level C.

I think I am going to have my 3 students work together from one level. I know it might sound crazy but I don't think I can manage a bunch of different reading and lessons this year. My 6.5yo is already reading pretty well on his own practicing
    with simple picture books. Any the overlap between books in JrK and C is so many that my almost 4yo will not have any problems keeping up and enjoying herself.

Anyway...on to my question. Is there a list for this level of consumables? Would it be better for me to get them each their own workbooks? Or just make copies? Can you make copies of the workbooks for your own personal use?

I am pretty excited to get started and am selling off my old curriculum so we can make this change sooner than later.

Edited to add....

The more I think on this the less I fully like the idea. I still think I want my son to be doing his own recitation and some of the more advanced work. I don't know for sure. I need to talk to my husband and to God. I know my daughter with down syndrome could listen to and enjoy all the books in the K program. It is just the rest that she would get bogged down in. Maybe it would be best for me to just keep them separate and let the girls work together and my son have his own thing. Hmmmmm.
    Last edited by 4Brightdays; 01-19-2015, 04:29 PM. Reason: Added some rambling thoughts.

Christi,
    I think your edited version is correct!

Your son needs to begin work at his own level. This is a critical window of learning to read, write, and do early arithmetic. No need to hold him back.

You can combine the girls for Level B. If you wanted to save some money on Level B, you can order only the Core Curriculum Package Level B, and share the consumable portions.

You could obtain the Read-aloud set from the library, or possibly request these for your girls as birthday gifts. The list of Read-Alouds follows:

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
    Harold and the Purple Crayon
    Harry the Dirty Dog
    Henny Penny
    Pancakes for Breakfast
    The Little Engine That Could
    The Very Hungry Caterpillar
    Little Cloud
    Corduroy
    Owl Babies
    The Color Kittens
    The Happy Man & His Dump Truck
    The Christmas Story
    The Poky Little Puppy
    Tawny Scrawny Lion
    We're Going on a Bear Hunt
    Drummer Hoff

You can find the list of all the books and materials you will receive for Level B listed under "Included in Simply Classical Core Package Level B."

Keep in mind that Level B will not take long each day. You can have your girls occupy themselves, perhaps by looking at their books, listening to the CD included in the materials, completing simple chores, or playing quietly, while you work separately with your son. His one-on-one time will help you give him a necessary foundation. You might even start only with his work. Establish a good routine with him for a week or so. This might even entice the girls to join you, when you are ready to begin their level. You are smart to think it through first.

You can do this!

Cheryl

Comment

Working...
    X