Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Thank you, MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, MP

I just wanted to extent words of appreciate to Memoria Press for another lovely year. My youngest son, who deals with mild-ASD/Aspergers and ADHD (non-medicated), excelled this past year with MP 1st grade CORE curriculum. I read your wonderful and encouraging book, Ms. Swope, and thank you to YOU for that valuable resource. We have implemented some of your suggested tools (like Troxel's CDs and we LOVE Rummy Roots). They are a great addition to our spare time aside from MP studies. Thankfully, with an occasional day of oral responses rather than written, we haven't had to modify too much for Connor, but I am ready with your guide in hand if needed. Being at home is truly the best choice for him.

We did not have to test last year after his Kindergarten year because of his age and our state's requirements. However, this year, 1st Grade ITBS scores show an overall Reading Total of 2.9 GE, Language of 3.0 GE, and Math Total 2.7 GE. (His math computation sub-test (1.5 GE) brought his overall score down due to the fact that it was a 6-minute timed (!!!) test. I cannot imagine what the score would have been if he had not been reminded to stay focused four times during that 6 minutes. Otherwise, his Math Concepts (3.1) and Math Problems (3.6!) were great.)

I don't really have any questions. I just wanted to tell MP how much our family LOVES you; and thank you to Ms. Swope! I recommend to everyone MP curriculum, telling them your approach to the Classical Christian method of learning truly is a beautiful education.

Blessings and peace,

Nicole

Originally posted by Ncoombsy View Post
    I just wanted to extent words of appreciate to Memoria Press for another lovely year. My youngest son, who deals with mild-ASD/Aspergers and ADHD (non-medicated), excelled this past year with MP 1st grade CORE curriculum. I read your wonderful and encouraging book, Ms. Swope, and thank you to YOU for that valuable resource. We have implemented some of your suggested tools (like Troxel's CDs and we LOVE Rummy Roots). They are a great addition to our spare time aside from MP studies. Thankfully, with an occasional day of oral responses rather than written, we haven't had to modify too much for Connor, but I am ready with your guide in hand if needed. Being at home is truly the best choice for him.

We did not have to test last year after his Kindergarten year because of his age and our state's requirements. However, this year, 1st Grade ITBS scores show an overall Reading Total of 2.9 GE, Language of 3.0 GE, and Math Total 2.7 GE. (His math computation sub-test (1.5 GE) brought his overall score down due to the fact that it was a 6-minute timed (!!!) test. I cannot imagine what the score would have been if he had not been reminded to stay focused four times during that 6 minutes. Otherwise, his Math Concepts (3.1) and Math Problems (3.6!) were great.)

I don't really have any questions. I just wanted to tell MP how much our family LOVES you; and thank you to Ms. Swope! I recommend to everyone MP curriculum, telling them your approach to the Classical Christian method of learning truly is a beautiful education.

Blessings and peace,

Nicole

Thank you, Nicole.

Your words of encouragement came at just the right time.

Congratulations on your son's testing results! Keep us posted this year.

Many continued blessings to you and to Connor -

Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child

Comment

Working...
    X