Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Coming to Cincinnati?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming to Cincinnati?

For anyone who plans to attend the spring Midwest Great Homeschool Convention this week, I invite you to attend any or all of these new sessions, each with different content and plenty of time for Q&A:

Friday 10-11am [in Hyatt Regency A,B,C]
    Why Classical Education for Special-Needs? -- You CAN Do This!

Friday 2:30-3:30pm [in Hyatt Regency A,B,C]
    Classical Christian Education: Simply Defined

Saturday 1-2pm [in Duke 206]
    Evaluating and Teaching Your Challenged Child

Saturday 4-5pm [in Duke 230-232 -- last session of the entire conference]
    Helen Keller Knew Latin -- Give YOUR Special-Needs Child a Classical Education

(Martin Cothran gave me the title for the last session!) For complete descriptions and a full schedule, visit GreatHomeschoolConventions.com.

For those who are new to this forum -- for my full bio, free audio interviews, and more, please visit the Bio tab at CherylSwope.com

If you come to Cincinnati sessions, please introduce yourself, especially if you have posted on this forum. Look for Martin Cothran's sessions too. Visit the large Memoria Press booth at #720 and #821 (and in between!). Then be sure to attend the lively, unpredictable and compelling panel discussion "Classical Education: Unplugged" with Martin Cothran and friends Andrew Kern, Dr. Carol Reynolds, and Dr. Christopher Perrin.

For summer inspiration and instruction, you can attend our workshops on classical education for special-needs students in Louisville July 30-Aug 1 at the Memoria Press Teacher Training Conference. At this unique classical education conference, hear Cheryl Lowe, Martin Cothran, Andrew Pudewa, Highlands Latin School teachers, and more. When you purchase $500 of Memoria Press resources before the end of May, 2014, you receive free admission to this conference.

Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child
    Cheryl Swope, M.Ed., with Foreword by Dr. Gene Edward Veith

Coming to Cincinnati?

Cheryl, It looks like my family will be coming to Cinci. I am looking forward to your sessions. Susan

Comment

Susan,

Come a little early to the session if you can, and please introduce yourself! I'm looking forward to meeting you. I hope to meet your girls too.

Thanks for letting me know.

See you soon-
      Cheryl

Comment

Coming to Cinci

I will do that.

Comment

So great to meet you!

Cheryl,
          I attended a few of your sessions during the Midwest Convention - the Asian woman who bombarded you with questions after the Evaluation seminar. I am SO grateful first of all for your book, and also for the opportunity to have heard you speak. As I expressed, I often feel 'alone' in this struggle especially when it comes to educating my child with a beautiful Classical education. I have so much to learn and so far to go. I'm so glad I was reminded of this board as I've been busy homeschooling and I almost forgot all about it! Looking forward to our interaction here.

Quiet heart! It was good to meet you too. I think your girls are adorable!

Many blessings,
          Julie Park

Comment

Thanks, Julie. I appreciate your introducing yourself in the midst of such a whirlwind convention!

You're a strong homeschooler. Feel free to initiate discussions here.

Whenever we remember the many other families here, we know we are not alone.

Thanks-
            Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child

Cheryl Swope, M.Ed., with Foreword by Dr. Gene Edward Veith

Comment

Working...
            X