Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

This Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Week

Just a heads up for this week --

I'll be attending a classical education conference all week in Indiana, so if questions or topics arise and I am slow to answer, this is why. I'll try to look at the forum most evenings, but if I miss something, I know you will all take good care of each other!

A quick note for those who appreciate the uniquely delightful ways our children's minds sometimes work:

This afternoon my daughter helped me finish packing, as her assistance has become our special "girl-time" before I leave. Today she added an earnest recommendation. Before we carried the bags downstairs, Michelle offered to give me curtseying lessons. A lover of "rules" and etiquette, she was quite certain I needed to brush up on this skill for the week's festivities.

Cheryl

Pictures needed

Hi Cheryl,
    I really hope you are going to have pictures taken of yourself at the conference using your curtsey skills. I know anyone would be happy to snap a quick shot of you curtseying and perhaps a gentleman bowing. I just think Michelle would get a kick out of it. Here's your mother curtseying at the hotel, and here she is curtseying with this speaker, etc... You'll be like Michelle's curtseying Flat Stanley.
    Blessings,
    Jude

dd 16, ds 13, ds 10, ds 8, dd 6, ds 4, dd 14 mos.

Comment

I love it, Jude, and I agree. She would probably love to see you putting those lessons into practice. Have fun at the conference!
      The Homeschool Grads:
      J- 6/96
      S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
      G- 4/04
      D- 5/05
      F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
      M- 9/16

Comment

Thank you for this, ladies. Although I have no actual photos of curtseying, your posts made me smile in the hotel room that evening!

Also...

When grading the pile of work I assigned my daughter Michelle while I was away at the classical Christian education conference last week, I just uncovered a little gem of an answer. Her response to a question from the Memoria Press study guide, Poetry for the Grammar School, about a poem by the Greek of Anacreon, "The Grasshopper":

Would you prefer a life like the grasshopper's? Why or why not?

"I would if it'd get me away from certain things. But we are what we are, and must learn to accept and bear them. 'Tis the way of the cross. To live and learn, to serve where you are able...."

Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child
        Cheryl Swope, M.Ed., with Foreword by Dr. Gene Edward Veith
        www.memoriapress.com

Comment

Working...
        X