Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Rod and Staff or Christian Light Math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod and Staff or Christian Light Math

I am currently using Christian Light Math for my girls, but noticed MP uses Rod and Staff in the kits. Why does MP think this is so good? Should I switch? What are the best features of Rod and Staff Math? Susan

Susan,

Some good answers to this question can be found on the K-8 forum. Try this: click on your own Rod and Staff message on the Struggling Student Forum. Then scroll down to "Similar Threads." Read those discussions. After you read, you can even search threads that appear "similar" to those.

You can also explore by "R&S math" in the forum's search boxes.

In general, any given mathematics program will be inherently sequential in skill development, with the assumption that the student will complete all of the levels. If your girls are doing well with their current program, you might want to keep them in it. (Memoria Press will work with you to substitute your own math program, if you prefer to do this.) However, if you have been considering another math program anyway, or you would like the ease of ordering all in one place and having lessons plans coordinated with the Rod and Staff program, or if you are just curious, read through the existing posts. You'll find better answers there than I could give.

After you read the discussions on Rod and Staff math, feel free to ask if you still have questions. If I cannot answer, one of the other moderators or others on this forum will be able to help.

Thanks-
    Cheryl

Comment

Susan,

We like Rod & Staff for is mastery approach and uncluttered look. That can be elaborated on, but I'll let mothers who have used it do that for me by referring you to a couple older posts:

Best facets of RS (second post)
      Testimonies of choosing RS over other math programs

As for switching, I would ask you if your daughters are doing well with CL. If they aren't, then I would considering switching to see if it gets better.

Paul
      Paul Schaeffer
      --
      Director, Schools Division
      Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
      X