Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Summer Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Conference

Everyone,

In addition to providing excellent instructional sessions and plenary speakers, Memoria Press will offer workshops this summer specifically for parents and teachers of students with special needs.

These workshops will offer strategies, support, time for questions, and opportunities for discussion with others in similar circumstances.

Conference dates:
    June 12-14, 2013

If interested, save the dates now. More information will be announced as we finalize plans.

Some of the sessions will be early in the conference, so after we all meet one another we can continue our discussions during breaks and meals throughout the conference.

Thanks-
    Cheryl

YEA!!! I hope I can make it this year. Any chance of recordings?
    The Homeschool Grads:
    J- 6/96
    S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
    G- 4/04
    D- 5/05
    F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
    M- 9/16

Comment

Hello.

We will be recording our conference again this year. We actually just got the dvds in for the 2012 conference. They are $60. We're getting ready to launch our new website, so they will be available there soon, or you can call to order them now.

But we'd rather you actually attend our conference because we'd love to spend time getting to know you!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Enigma,

I remember that you could not attend the Memoria Press conference last year.

If you are interested, contained within the available recordings Tanya mentioned is the plenary session on bringing classical education to the special-needs child.

Entitled Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child, the session is something you might appreciate.

Thanks-
        Cheryl

Comment

Two items for you:

First, the 2012 Conference DVD (featuring the plenary session on special-needs students) is now available under Educational Resources, www.memoriapress.com.

Second, the 2013 Conference schedule and registration information can now be found on the website's conference page. This year Memoria Press will offer FOUR workshops just for parents and teachers of children with special needs:

Reading, Writing, & Literature for the Special-Needs Student

Latin & History for the Special-Needs Student

Math & Science for the Special-Needs Student

Classical/Christian Studies for the Special-Needs Student

Memoria Press is leading the way by promoting the abundant benefits of classical education for any child. Please consider attending. These workshops will be greatly enhanced - for all of us - by good participation from those who teach special-needs students every day!

I hope to meet many of you there.

Cheryl

Comment

I hope I can swing it this year. Those sound great!
            The Homeschool Grads:
            J- 6/96
            S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
            G- 4/04
            D- 5/05
            F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
            M- 9/16

Comment

We have a trip coming up around that time and may actually be in the area. I would love to be able to come this year, but I won't know our final travel itinerary until mid to late May. I'm crossing my fingers that it works out this year, but I'm glad DVDs will be available if things don't work out.

Comment

When you register for the June 2013 MP conference, you can now indicate which special-needs workshop(s) you would like to attend:

http://www.memoriapress.com/events/conference/workshops

Bring specific questions, concerns, and suggestions to share!

Cheryl

Comment

If you plan to attend the Memoria Press conference June 12-14, 2013, and would like to submit questions beforehand, please do. Your questions will help direct the discussion topics and the materials presented.

Memoria Press 2013 conference sessions for bringing the benefits of classical education to special-needs students:

Reading, Writing, and Literature with Special Needs

Latin & History with Special Needs

Math & Science with Special Needs

Classical and Christian Studies with Special Needs

Suggested areas for discussion within these categories would be welcome & appreciated. We'll also allow opportunity within each session for Q&A, so if you'd rather bring questions with you, feel free to do so.

Thanks-
                  Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child,
                  Cheryl Swope, M.Ed., with Foreward by Dr. Gene Edward Veith

now available, www.memoriapress.com, Special Needs

Comment

I'm hoping to see some of you from our Struggling Student forum at the conference in Louisville this week.

If you attend, please introduce yourself. I'm bringing a special designation for our nametags, so we can find each other.

Thanks-
                    Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child
                    Cheryl Swope, M.Ed., with Foreword by Dr. Gene Edward Veith
                    www.memoriapress.com

Comment

Working...
                    X