Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Latin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latin

Dear Parents & Educators of Struggling or Special-Needs Students,

I think you will appreciate this article.

Our premise regarding the benefits of classical education for our children finds support here, especially near the end:

http://www.aft.org/pdfs/americaneduc.../dodington.pdf

Cheryl

great article! thanks

Comment

Latin Article

Thank you SOOOO much for this article. My daughter, who has a learning disability, is struggling with Latin and why she should even do it and her therapist (who is doing the NILD Discovery program with her) feels that we should drop Latin and get back to basics. But I was JUST explaining to my husband why Latin is so good for the brain of ANY student, especially one that stuggles with logical sequencing. He was in agreement in her learning Latin (mostly as a bridge to other languages and English) but did not realize Latin was useful beyond that. I will share this article with him and with my daughter's therapist. Do you think it would be good to share it with my daughter or let her discover this on her own?

P.S. Your article in the last magalog was also beautiful, touching, and timely. I read it to my daughter and it was an encouragement to her. It was even more of an encouragement to me. I can't WAIT to read your book!

Comment

Dear stm4him,

Thank you for your supportive words!

If you think the Latin article might enlighten and encourage your daughter, then certainly share it with her. You mentioned that she received encouragement from the recent Classical Teacher article, and you describe good communication between the two of you. Perhaps you could read through the article together if she would otherwise struggle with the content.

In another post, you mentioned your daughter's difficulties with studying. To assist her study skills, you could print the article and give her a highlighter with the instructions to highlight any sentences she finds especially informative.

Thanks again-
        Cheryl

Originally posted by stm4him View Post
        Thank you SOOOO much for this article. My daughter, who has a learning disability, is struggling with Latin and why she should even do it.... Do you think it would be good to share it with my daughter or let her discover this on her own?

P.S. Your article in the last magalog was also beautiful, touching, and timely. I read it to my daughter and it was an encouragement to her. It was even more of an encouragement to me. I can't WAIT to read your book!

Comment

Working...
        X