Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Any date on when Cheryl Swopes book will be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
    An update:

To CelticaDea, if you're viewing this, are you on the list to receive the "test" version? I'm hoping so, as I think it might be helpful to you and your family immediately.

Thanks-
    Cheryl
    I didn't know there was a list. I would love to be on it!! How do I do that?

Comment

CelticaDea,

I'll let Tanya know you're interested & see if she can accept one more.

I had already mentioned this to her on your behalf, so she will not be surprised by the request.

Earlier Tanya had asked individuals to send a message to tanya@memoriapress.com, so I would suggest you let her know by email.

Thanks-
      Cheryl

Comment

thank you so much! Just sent a message. Whenever I get to read it, I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Everyone,

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child is now available through Memoria Press for pre-order:

http://www.memoriapress.com/curricul...mply-classical

Cheryl

Comment

A note of thanks to Saint Jude and CelticaDea:

Thank you for your careful reading and thoughtful suggestions for Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child. Your recommendations resulted in significant additions and expansions before the first printing.

I especially appreciate your unique insights and sensitive perspectives as moms of children with special needs.

To all:

Feel free to share this pre-order link now with anyone on FB, Pinterest, in homeschool co-ops, or anywhere others might benefit.

http://www.memoriapress.com/curricul...mply-classical

Early Reviews:

Dr. E. Christian Kopff
            University of Colorado, Boulder
            Author of The Devil Knows Latin: Why America Needs the Classical Tradition

Cheryl Swope’s Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child gives a clear and practical introduction to Classical Christian education and its significance for children with physical and cognitive disabilities from Helen Keller to her own daughter, Michelle. The reader will be excited by the ideas and deeply moved by her story.

Rev. J. Bart Day
            Executive Director of National Mission
            The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod

Cheryl Swope’s new book is perhaps the best story of classical education ever written. This book will take classical education from the perceived ivory towers of academia into the real life of all people, especially those uniquely blessed with learning disabilities. Here is classical education at its very best, an education that nurtures each soul on purity, truth, and beauty: castitate, vertitate, et pulchritudine animam enutriens.

Kathryn Green
            President
            Southeast Missouri NAMI – National Alliance for the Mentally Ill

The theory of classical education is that children become educated and responsible adults who improve their lives and the world around them. Cheryl Swope’s Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child is a well-written, well-researched book which reminds readers that all children deserve a valuable education, even those with special needs. This wonderful work instructs parents and educators, so children who receive a classical education can be surrounded with daily opportunities to learn, even as they remember that the greatest gift they can give is to serve those around them.

Thanks again-
            Cheryl

Comment

Below are additional reviews of Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child. Some, like Martin's, contain so much substance, they are worth reading on their own! I thought you might also appreciate knowing that others heartily support what we are all trying to do for our children with special needs.

Martin Cothran
              Editor of The Classical Teacher; Author of Traditional Logic I and II, Classical Rhetoric with Aristotle
              Memoria Press

◾Cheryl Swope ostensibly writes about special education, but she also makes one of the clearest and most compelling cases for classical education in print. The first argument of the book is that academically-challenged students are human beings too, and they deserve an education commensurate with that fact. While current special education doctrine favors compromising on content, Cheryl proposes only to moderate its measure. If a child cannot accommodate the amount or depth of knowledge of most children, it is not less, but more important that what they learn be of the highest quality. She implicitly understands St. Thomas Aquinas’ principle that the slightest knowledge of the greatest things is greater than the greatest knowledge of the slightest things. Her second argument is that it has been done and can be done. How many people know that Helen Keller had a classical education? And if a person who was blind and deaf could achieve what she achieved, how much more can a student do who faces less severe challenges? Cheryl shows how, in an important sense, classical education can open the eyes of the blind and unstop the ears of the deaf.

Rev. Stephen W. Kieser
              President
              The Consortium for Classical and Lutheran Education, www.ccle.org

◾Cheryl Swope’s book is exactly what the title suggests, “simply beautiful.” She has woven together a tapestry of personal narrative; an apologetic for classical Christian education and home schooling; and resources for anyone wishing to pursue the trivium with the simplest and most challenged children. Cheryl understands the nature of fallen humanity, Christ’s accomplished plan of saving mankind, and the beautiful service an education saturated in Christian catechesis and the liberal arts has on any child. She carefully articulates what is lacking in progressive education and asserts an education that pursues what is the true, the good, and the beautiful. Her book is a timely contribution to those pursuing home education as well as formal education with children who have special learning needs.

Joanna Hensley
              Latin Teacher, Scholars Academy
              Homeschooling Mother of a Special-Needs Child

◾As a classical educator, I have seen what classical education can do for my students; however, as a mother of a special-needs child, I was initially unsure whether this education was right for my own son. Cheryl Swope has convinced me that classical education truly is a beautiful education for every child. This book is a treasury of inspirational stories and practical advice. I am already seeing her ideas bear fruit in our home.

Blessings to you-
              Cheryl

Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child
              Cheryl Swope, M.Ed., with Foreward by Dr. Gene Edward Veith
              For more information: www.memoriapress.com, Special Needs

Comment

Hot off the press! Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child has just hit our dock. The pre-orders will ship in the next couple of days, and if you haven't ordered yet, now is the time. It looks beautiful!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

For those of you who have purchased Cheryl's book in its first-run, I am attaching the index here. This may help you in navigating through the book.

Happy reading!

Tanya
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X