Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Any date on when Cheryl Swopes book will be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES!!!!! I am emailing now. Thank you.
    The Homeschool Grads:
    J- 6/96
    S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
    G- 4/04
    D- 5/05
    F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
    M- 9/16

Comment

Swopes book

Hi Tanya,
      I am back after being away from the forum for a couple of months. (Baby #7 came early and was in the hospital over a month.) I am so eager to read this book. I am stumbling along in the first few months of trying to piece together some sort of classical education for my 12 year old autistic son, and any information would be very appreciated.
      Blessings,
      Jude

Comment

Hi, Jude!

We've missed you. Congratulations on your new baby! I hope things are going well now.

We are going to let a small group of people beta test Cheryl's book soon, and I'll be glad to put you on the list. Just send me an email with your shipping address, and we'll send it to you as soon as we have it ready to go. We're just looking for comments that may improve the book - things that aren't clear or additions that need to be made, typos, etc.

We'd love to have your input. I have the first draft in-house now, but I've laid it aside in preparation for our conference here in Louisville. As soon as that is over, I'll get back to it and hope to have it ready to beta test by Aug.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Can you let me know the title of the book so I can keep an eye out for it? I have one with severe special needs, one gifted with ADHD and two with minor delays. I can't wait to read it.

Thanks,

Melissa

Comment

Hi, Melissa.

The book's title is Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child.

We're also hoping to offer a Struggling Student Forum through Memoria Press soon, so we can all share stories, strategies, and encouragement.

Blessings to you and your children.

Cheryl

Comment

I love the idea of a struggling student forum!

Comment

Struggling Learner/Special Needs Child

I also am using Memoria Press with my DD who has significant language delays, and would be interested in proofing the book, if you are still looking for people to look at the book on a Beta basis.

Looking forward to hearing more about this!
                Elisabeth

Comment

Hi, Elisabeth.

We'd be glad to have you proof Cheryl's book. Just send me your shipping address, and when we are ready to release it for review, I'll get it out to you.

Regards,

Tanya
                  tanya@memoriapress.com

Comment

Struggling Student Forum

Thanks to Brian and Tanya, we now have our own forum for K-12 students with special needs!

Please locate this new forum if you have any questions, suggestions, or encouragement regarding children with specific learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, language impairments, or other difficulties.

If possible, please post or add to your signature a brief introduction. I will serve as one of the moderators. We can all help each other.

Cheryl

classically homeschooling mom of 17yo adopted boy/girl twins:
                    autism spectrum, specific learning disability, severe mental illness, mild cerebral palsy, medical conditions

Comment

Everyone,

Tanya informed me today that due to heavy office demands for resources needed to begin the school year, she has been busy. She will resume work on the book mid-September.

Cheryl

"We'd love to have your input. I have the first draft in-house now, but I've laid it aside in preparation for our conference here in Louisville. As soon as that is over, I'll get back to it and hope to have it ready to beta test by Aug.
                      Regards,
                      Tanya"

Comment

I can't wait to get my hands on it! I'll try to be patient.

Comment

Getting our daughter closer to an official diagnosis, and getting anxious to get a peek at Cheryl's book...are we any closer to release?

Comment

Hello.

We are in the process of editing and formatting Cheryl's book. I would love to have it ready for release by the time our next catalog comes out at the end of the year. Cheryl is our guest writer for that catalog, so it makes good sense. Wish us luck!

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Sending good luck feelings.....
                              The Homeschool Grads:
                              J- 6/96
                              S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
                              G- 4/04
                              D- 5/05
                              F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
                              M- 9/16

Comment

An update:

Tanya is working hard to integrate my editing notes into the final-draft manuscript for review by those who requested a copy.

To CelticaDea, if you're viewing this, are you on the list to receive the "test" version? I'm hoping so, as I think it might be helpful to you and your family immediately.

To everyone else, we'll keep striving to make the completed work available soon.

Thanks-
                                Cheryl

Comment

Working...
                                X