Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Any date on when Cheryl Swopes book will be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any date on when Cheryl Swopes book will be available?

I was reading the conference brochure, and was wondering when I can get my hands on her book. I'm looking forward to reading it! It would be lovely if those of us who cannot attend the conference could purchase an mp3 of various workshops.

Hello.

Cheryl's book isn't ready yet. She is busily writing, and we are editing as she goes, so we are hoping it won't be too long. We are very excited about this new area for us. We've gotten emails before about how a classical education really enhanced special needs education, but we haven't had the expertise to deal with it, so I'm very glad to have this new partnership with Cheryl and to have her be a part of our conference.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Looking forward to reading it. Thank you for deciding to publish a resource like this!

Dana

Comment

Type faster

Really looking forward to this book, especially if it addresses special needs children who are not necessarily high-functioning.
        Blessings,
        Jude

Comment

I will be thrilled to have this book! Well overdue for those of us who wish to classically educate a special needs child!
          Jenchick

Comment

And I would be thrilled if you could all come to our conference and spend two days with Cheryl! If cost is an object, email me, and we'll see what we can work out. This is a new area for us, so we could maybe have an introductory discount?

Regards,

Tanya
            tanya@memoriapress.com

Comment

For my dh and I, it is just a case of travel costs as we live a bit away. Is filming or transcripting the workshops and speakers for later resale/download not an option? It isn't as ideal as being there, but still makes all the great info available.
              The Homeschool Grads:
              J- 6/96
              S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
              G- 4/04
              D- 5/05
              F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
              M- 9/16

Comment

Filming is always a possibility, and we always attempt it, but it seems like we never get a good taping. Either the sound is not good or the speaker is in front of the sun or something of that sort seems to happen to us. But we'll try again, and maybe we'll have better luck this year!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

I'll pray for cloudy weather and great acoustics in the rooms.
                  The Homeschool Grads:
                  J- 6/96
                  S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
                  G- 4/04
                  D- 5/05
                  F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
                  M- 9/16

Comment

There you go!

Comment

I'm just bumping this up hoping to get an update. :-)

Comment

Conference

Maybe we could just get audios? I didn't hear about this book but it sounds like something I would want to read since my oldest has special needs. Can anyone tell me more?

Shaina

Comment

Hello.

Sorry for the delay. I've been at the FPEA convention, and my inbox has exploded!

I just received Cheryl Swope's first draft yesterday, so we'll do our best to get it edited quickly. She has done a great job getting it completed and in our hands, so I feel like the editing process will go smoothly.

We are going to do our best to get a good recording of our conference. I'll know by the first of July whether we succeeded this time! Every year, we have high hopes. Maybe this will be the year we get a good recording. We've moved our location to another campus, so maybe that will help. It seems like we had trouble with the sun last time ...

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

So is a pre-order list available for her book? (and I am praying for optimal recording conditions. )
                            The Homeschool Grads:
                            J- 6/96
                            S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
                            G- 4/04
                            D- 5/05
                            F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
                            M- 9/16

Comment

We don't actually have a pre-order set up yet. We won't do that until we are closer to a publishing date. But we may want a few homeschoolers to read through it beforehand and give their comments, so if you are interested in doing that, just send me your email address.

Shall I put you on the list, Enigma?

Regards,

Tanya
                              tanya@memoriapress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X