Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Memoria Academy SC Classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memoria Academy SC Classes

Hello SC family!
    For planning purposes, will the SC online academy classes continue to grow the Special Needs course offerings as the students progress? I have one taking the SC Latin this year, but I am planning ahead for him and his younger brother(age 11).
    Thank you in advance for any foresight or brainstorming on this topic!
    Tina

Good morning, Tina. Yes, the Simply Classical online classes are planned for fall! As long as we have sufficient interest, we will continue offering and expanding these classes. Our SC students love having classmates and encouraging teachers. Our SC teachers are delighted and touched by the SC students. If enrollment is strong, we will pleased to make these available every year!
    Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child (Memoria Press)

SimplyClassical.com -- catalog, curriculum, book

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
      Good morning, Tina. Yes, the Simply Classical online classes are planned for fall! As long as we have sufficient interest, we will continue offering and expanding these classes. Our SC students love having classmates and encouraging teachers. Our SC teachers are delighted and touched by the SC students. If enrollment is strong, we will pleased to make these available every year!
      I'd love to see a math class.
      Christine

(2022/2023)
      DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
      DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post

I'd love to see a math class.
        Which R&S course or SC level?

Comment

We are looking for R & S 5. We do need the 1 year pace. I would be looking for a more reduced written work load, as I've been told the students in the current Math 5 class are required to turn in all their homework, so we wouldn't be able to cut back. We are dropping a grade level for learning how to be in a class, not necessarily the content.

I would consider R&S 6 at a half year pace if that fits better with the SC levels. I realize we may be a unicorn out there needing these specific levels.
          Christine

(2022/2023)
          DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
          DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)

Comment

Thank you so much, Cheryl for the quick response! That is a wonderful update. howiecram I agree on the Math class interest!

My older son (age14) has been able to take math classes with the online academy using accommodations for 4 years(Math 5 - Algebra 1). I share this to say that the administration working with us, the outside accountability, and the expert teaching/teachers of the online academy have been a huge blessing to our family!! Additionally, we have experienced the beauty of the SC class he currently takes. The shortened class sessions(45 Minutes - 2x a week), the smaller class size, the interaction with the instructor, the pacing, and the reduced written workload have been wonderful.

Since we have been through the MPOA math classes with my older son, I know that my younger son (age 11) would greatly benefit from an SC math class. My 11 year old is currently doing well(we are surviving) in Math 4 with MPOA, but I am concerned he may not be able to continue with some of the upper levels due to the increased homework load, pacing, timed tests and math drills that are expected. howiecram You are not a unicorn with your specific request! We would love to see a one year Math 5 or a half paced Math 6!

We are so thankful for this community.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachTina View Post
              Thank you so much, Cheryl for the quick response! That is a wonderful update. howiecram I agree on the Math class interest!

My older son (age14) has been able to take math classes with the online academy using accommodations for 4 years(Math 5 - Algebra 1). I share this to say that the administration working with us, the outside accountability, and the expert teaching/teachers of the online academy have been a huge blessing to our family!! Additionally, we have experienced the beauty of the SC class he currently takes. The shortened class sessions(45 Minutes - 2x a week), the smaller class size, the interaction with the instructor, the pacing, and the reduced written workload have been wonderful.

Since we have been through the MPOA math classes with my older son, I know that my younger son (age 11) would greatly benefit from an SC math class. My 11 year old is currently doing well(we are surviving) in Math 4 with MPOA, but I am concerned he may not be able to continue with some of the upper levels due to the increased homework load, pacing, timed tests and math drills that are expected. howiecram You are not a unicorn with your specific request! We would love to see a one year Math 5 or a half paced Math 6!

We are so thankful for this community.
              My son is 11 too!!!
              Christine

(2022/2023)
              DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years

Comment

R+S Grade 6 would be wonderful.

Comment

Also, are you planning to continue the Latin classes through First Form?

Comment

Originally posted by once again View Post
                    Also, are you planning to continue the Latin classes through First Form?
                    once again, we would love to offer Simply Classical First Form Latin. Student enrollment will guide expansion, so help spread the word about these classes!

Special Needs Classes Education is about human flourishing, and as such must minister to all students. We are excited to announce classes specifically for special needs students at the Memoria Academy. These classes will have a lower class size and appropriate pacing for those students that need more time to master the material. Class curriculum [...]

Comment

After all the discussion on the main board re: pre-algebra...I would love to see that level class offered. The MPA class is 90 minutes and that's way too long to work for us. I would rather 3x a week, but shorter classes than a 2x a week for 90 minutes.
                      DS14- Simply Classical mash-up of Traditional Spelling 2 and SC 7/8
                      DD12- Classic Core 6th Grade w/ First Form
                      DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ Greek Myths and American History

We've completed:
                      Classic Core Jr. kindergarten thru grade 5
                      Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Comment

howiecram Maybe they will be in the same class at some point!

Comment

Working...
                        X