Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Combining my SC 7/8 student with my kids in MP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining my SC 7/8 student with my kids in MP4

I'm having fun doing my last-minute planning. I'm trying to combine my 2 who will be doing regular 4th (first-time) with my one in SC 7/8, since a lot of the subjects are similar. Is there any difference in the lesson plans for Traditional Spelling III for regular or SC? I was going to use R&S Spelling 5 with my 10 yo but the words in TSIII are harder (!) so I'm just going to do all 3 together. Also, since SC 7/8 starts Latina Christiana halfway through, and my daughter hasn't done the first half yet, is it too optimistic to think she can keep up with the 2 younger kids at a one-year pace, or should I save my pennies and try to enroll her in the MPOA SC Latin? And finally, does Christian Studies II go along with FMOR or would it work to combine all 3 in Christian Studies I? Decisions...
    Louise
    INFP, retired RN
    Clearwater, ID

DD, 9 yo, gifted, MP4, TGTB Math 5
    DGrandson- 10 yo, MP4, TGTB Math 4- first time homeschooler
    DD, 15 yo,significant learning disabilities, SC7/8, TGTB Math 6
    DS, 16 yo, ADD/dyslexia, custom combo- Henle 1, Classical Studies 1, Geography III, 9th Gr. Lit., Trad. Logic, Intro. Physics, MPOA HSI Comp, Yay! Math Algebra/Geometry

The pacing of the TSIII plans and SC 7&8 plans is the same. However, the SC 7&8 lesson plans contain about 3 pages of suggestions for multi-sensory activities. Additionally, the lesson plans schedule when to do them. On Wednesdays it has a "movement" box and it suggests which of the activities to do. Lastly, the SC plans include additional sentence dictation. These sentences are not the one included in the teacher's manual, but rather a cumulative review of the spelling words.

If your kids work well together, I might just start with Christian Studies I and cycle through them together if no one has done any. Christian Studies II is probably the hardest of the 3, because the stories are less familiar. I'm in a similar situation. Last year my youngest two finished Christian Studies I and my older finished Christian Studies 2. This year we are all going to do Christian Studies III and I am having my husband do it. Then, throughout the week, they will review flashcards, and work on the memory verse. The oldest will be expected to actually read ahead and write her answers in the student book and do the copybook. She'll also read from a regular Bible. (she's going into 7th). During time with Dad, they will read together from The Golden Children's Bible.
    Christine

(2022/2023)
    DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
    DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Working...
    X