Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Special Needs - Memoria Press Online Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Needs - Memoria Press Online Academy

Our 2022-2023 classes Special Needs Memoria Press Online Academy are open for registration!

Latina Christiana I, part 1 (first 1/2)
    Latina Christiana I, part 2 (second 1/2)

Literature SC Level 6 (Charlotte's Web, Mr. Popper's Penguins)
    Literature SC Level 7 (My Side of the Mountain, The Moffats)

Each course meets twice weekly.

For more information or to register: https://www.memoriapressacademy.com/...needs-classes/

Description
    Education is about human flourishing, and as such must minister to all students. We are excited to announce classes specifically for special needs students at the Memoria Press Online Academy. These classes will have a lower class size and appropriate instruction for those students that need more time to master the material. Class curriculum and pacing will be drawn from the Simply Classical Curriculum, the first classical curriculum developed for special needs students.

Classes at a Glance
    • Maximum of 8 students
    • Pacing ideal for students with special needs
    • Live classes are designed with shorter activities to help keep student attention
    • Dedicated repetition to ensure mastery
    • Multi-modal instruction for retention
    • Superb classical curriculum developed by Memoria Press
    • Supported by the author of Simply Classical, Cheryl Swope

Just wanted to hop in and say THANK YOU for spearheading these classes. I am thankful for you, Catfan and Nerdmom for being such resources.
    Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
    DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
    DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
    DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
    DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
    DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Comment

What a great resource! I will certainly keep this in mind.

Comment

Thank you so much for creating these classes. My daughter learned so much this year! The pace was just right for her and the support of classmates and such a caring and enthusiastic teacher made for a great year. I also learned by watching, not just the content but things about teaching my daughter too! It was well worth every penny.

Comment

Tiffany, thank you for this feedback!

Bumping this, as we still have Latin & Literature openings for fall! https://www.memoriapressacademy.com/...needs-classes/

Comment

I’m very interested in the Literature 7 class for my daughter. Does MPOA have payment plan for just one or 2 classes?
            Louise
            INFP, retired RN
            Clearwater, ID

DD, 9 yo, gifted, MP4, TGTB Math 5
            DGrandson- 10 yo, MP4, TGTB Math 4- first time homeschooler
            DD, 15 yo,significant learning disabilities, SC7/8, TGTB Math 6
            DS, 16 yo, ADD/dyslexia, custom combo- Henle 1, Classical Studies 1, Geography III, 9th Gr. Lit., Trad. Logic, Intro. Physics, MPOA HSI Comp, Yay! Math Algebra/Geometry

Comment

Originally posted by jerrysgal4ever View Post
              I’m very interested in the Literature 7 class for my daughter. Does MPOA have payment plan for just one or 2 classes?
              I’m pretty sure they do!
              Jennifer
              Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
              DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
              DS15: MP, MPOA
              DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
              DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
              DD10: SC3
              DD7: MPK

Comment

Are there any sample classes available for these? Also, is there a lot of typing involved? Writing/spelling are my daughter's challenges.
                Louise
                INFP, retired RN
                Clearwater, ID

DS, 16 yo, ADD/dyslexia, custom combo- Henle 1, Classical Studies 1, Geography III, 9th Gr. Lit., Trad. Logic, Intro. Physics, MPOA HSI Comp, Yay! Math Algebra/Geometry

Comment

jerrysgal4ever , you might want to reach out directly to MPOA for answers to all of those questions: [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
                    jerrysgal4ever , you might want to reach out directly to MPOA for answers to all of those questions: [email protected].
                    Thanks Cheryl. I dug a little deeper and found a sample for the SC Lit 6 class, so I'm going to assume Lit 7 is similar. The typing looks manageable, as does the pace. As soon as my funds come in this month, I think I'm going to sign her up for the Lit 7. I think she will enjoy it. I'm going to try the Latin on our own this year, my 2 youngest and my grandson all together.
                    Louise
                    INFP, retired RN
                    Clearwater, ID

Comment

Working...
                    X