Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Test Scores and Fall Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks great, Anita. No need to overkill with your oldest in grammar, so feel free to continue with your current plan. If you have time, you might pull some of those shorter, omitted R&S 4 writing exercises to give him a daily or weekly dose of writing practice without relying on standard open-ended writing prompts that might leave him befuddled.

WonderBoy might enjoy Twenty-One Balloons, which is not easy but is packed with non-fiction tidbits!

Comment

Thank you! Will take both into consideration. ❤️

ADAM test scores just came in. No huge surprises. Everyone is about where I thought they would be. WonderBoy doesnt test well, I think, because his scores revealed areas he needs to work on that I am positive he has mastered in real life. But my suspicions about JoyBubble are well-founded. She did better than her brother, and he’s a grade higher than she is (she also probably tests better). ANYWAY — thanks for the ear, y’all. I’m feeling better about our choices this fall.
      “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
      Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
      Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
      Sassafras 6 ... MP1
      All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Welp, after all my dithering, we ended up going full MP5 core (with breakouts for leveled math) for all three older children. The only substitution will be “Roots of English” (per Christine — thank you!) for our Spelling function and some additional catechesis, Saint bios, Bible history, etc..

Quick question: There is no TM for “Roots of English”, nor are there any lesson plans. Can I assume this is covered somewhere in the student guide?
        “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
        Sassafras 6 ... MP1
        All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
          Welp, after all my dithering, we ended up going full MP5 core (with breakouts for leveled math) for all three older children. The only substitution will be “Roots of English” (per Christine — thank you!) for our Spelling function and some additional catechesis, Saint bios, Bible history, etc..

Quick question: There is no TM for “Roots of English”, nor are there any lesson plans. Can I assume this is covered somewhere in the student guide?
          Bumping this 😄

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
          Sassafras 6 ... MP1
          All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Hello.

Sorry about the delay! I have no excuse except to say that it is summer here, and life is suddenly unmanageable!

Roots of English is considered a supplement for us since our students get their roots practice through Latin. There really is no need for a roots course aside from Latin. We generally sell Roots of English and Book of Roots to those prepping for the SAT/ACT who did not have Latin. Or, sometimes, Latin teachers use it as a supplement just for fun.

So you are right that there are no lesson plans. There is a simple key in the back of the student text.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
              Hello.

Sorry about the delay! I have no excuse except to say that it is summer here, and life is suddenly unmanageable!

Roots of English is considered a supplement for us since our students get their roots practice through Latin. There really is no need for a roots course aside from Latin. We generally sell Roots of English and Book of Roots to those prepping for the SAT/ACT who did not have Latin. Or, sometimes, Latin teachers use it as a supplement just for fun.

So you are right that there are no lesson plans. There is a simple key in the back of the student text.

Tanya
              Okie doke! 👍 We are using it as a spelling and supplemental vocabulary course, since my kids have basically placed out of Spelling. I’m in summer planning mode right now and doing all the prep work for fall. Will run through this and make lesson plans.

Happy Unmanageability! 😜🤣

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
              Sassafras 6 ... MP1
              All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Working...
              X