Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Update for this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update for this year

I can’t find my post about this school year ahead. So I’m starting a new one to give an update on what I decided to do. I talked to the lady who does Learning Therapy with our boys.
    I’m going to continue on in Simply Classical 5/6 with both boys together, except…
    Continue In current separate Math levels for each.
    Move my younger to 7/8 for Literature/Writing/Grammar, areas where he excels. (I think I have to buy the whole curriculum guide for this level. I can’t get individual lesson plans for these subjects in my cart)
    Older will continue 5/6 in those areas with me plus work on reading in Learning Therapy. Younger will focus more on Math during Learning Therapy.
    How does that sound?
    Now to figure out how our days will work…

Also if someone could tell me what the first two literature books are in 7/8, I may just buy the first two books and teacher guides for now. Thanks!

Comment

Good morning, Lillian. This sounds good!

The first two Lit selections in SC 7&8 are The Moffats and My Side of the Mountain. This takes you through Week 34 (all the way through Level 7) in Two-Year Standard pacing or through Week 19 in One-Year Accelerated. In SC 7&8 Two-Year, we place Carry On, Mr. Bowditch in between the two literature studies as an inspiring break. (My son still loves that book!)

If you call the office or email [email protected], someone will help you order those SC 7&8 Individual Lesson Plans for Lit, Comp, & Grammar. We recommend the Standard pacing for most SC students.

I think this was your post --
      Hello, we have used SC for years now, mostly with our two youngest sons together. We adopted them at ages 2 and 3 in Eastern Europe. After lots of work together, therapies and Simply Classical Curriculum, we finished the school year in the very middle of Level 5, the two year pace. It didn’t feel like the perfect fit anymore,

Comment

Thank you so much, Cheryl! I’ll call them this morning.

That’s one benefit of homeschooling, right? I can let Alex go ahead in areas where he shines while staying with 5/6 for Spelling and finishing Math 2/ starting Math 3, which is where he is in those subjects.

I’ll let you know later how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by LillianinAl View Post
          That’s one benefit of homeschooling, right? I can let Alex go ahead in areas where he shines while staying with 5/6 for Spelling and finishing Math 2/ starting Math 3, which is where he is in those subjects.
          Yes, exactly! When you create your schedule, just try to alternate their instructional time with productive independent work. Not only will this free you to teach, but it will also nudge them both toward more independent work habits. Given their ages, this new plan is good timing!

Comment

I will. Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

I will. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Working...
              X