Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided β€œas is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

In-Class Exercise Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-Class Exercise Ideas?

How do you incorporate more movement into your class time? We use a bosu ball, rebounder, and indoor swing, but my child seems to need more exercise. Before and after school we are using PE videos, playing outside, etc. My husband is trying to do PE with her, again, every evening that he can. I guess I'm just not active enough. She needs more exercise. I am considering a stationary under desk bike. Ideas??? Thank you.

A mid-day walk can be good for everyone, mom included! It requires no additional equipment lying around the house and refreshes the mind for any remaining work.

Also, you can use the Movement Activities in your guide by subject. Add similar games to any of your lessons: relay races to match flash cards, jumping rope or hopping in place while reciting math facts, or 10 jumping jacks as a transition to the next lesson.

If these are not enough, do you think she might be ready for gymnastics, dance, or swimming at a local YMCA or community center?

Comment

Oh, I wish!!! You're right. She's ready. We live in a tiny town four hours from Rapid City, so those kinds of classes are nearly impossible to find. I will have to look again. Thank you!!!

Comment

Raising my hand to vote for gardening. πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ All my kids get involved (to one degree or another). My girls, especially, love it. We just spent the morning putting planter boxes together for our raised garden, watering, weeding, planning growing locations, etc. We got fresh air, sunshine, sweat, exercise and a wonderful feeling of accomplishment; great fun and a lovely change of perspective from sitting in the house all day (which we are sometimes guilty of!). My girls are excited to tend the garden and learn how to can what we are growing. We are having a blast.
        β€œIf I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, β€˜Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
        Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
        Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
        Sassafras 6 ... MP1
        All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Working...
        X