Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Level B Daily Routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level B Daily Routine

Privately someone requested a step-by-step routine for teaching Level B with an only child in 30-minute teaching blocks without placing similar tasks (coloring and writing) close together.

We share this here for others who may benefit from a similar model in the home or in a special-needs classroom setting.

Morning

30 minutes
    Prayer
    Calendar
    Recitation
    Bible Literacy (story only)

5-10 min
    Small restroom break -
    During this time, if not before, you or an older student pre-outline one or two key areas in the picture from Bible Pictures to Color with a colored marker.

30 minutes
    Bible Literacy (coloring only) Bible Pictures to Color
    Color alongside your child to provide a model of coloring in an enjoyable context. When the timer rings, "grade" the coloring by placing a star by her best work. (Find something each day. "You used a rich, deep brown for 'Baby Moses in the Basket.'" "You colored the star in a beautiful way.") Take a moment to have her retell the story or simply name the key person in the story.

10-15 minutes
    Dismiss for outdoor play or fine-motor play with music/language: puzzles, playdough, dressing stuffed animals or dolls, or shape sorters while listening to A Child's Garden of Songs CD for 30 minutes.
    Snack

30 minutes
    Alphabet Lesson/Ear Training
    Literature/Language

10-15 minutes
    Quiet time or outdoor play
    My Very First Scissors Book

30 minutes
    Number Lesson/Fine-Motor Skills
    Poetry/Music

30 minutes
    Manners/Games
    Closing Prayer

Afternoon
    Lunch

Quiet time with any favorite or remaining read-alouds or with CDs of poetry set to music

Outdoor play, play with playmates or siblings, outings, or activities from the front of the Level B Curriculum Manual

This looks absolutely lovely. ❤️ This brings back memories of when we started with Level B with my oldest. Absolutely no way on earth could we have attempted this schedule with him 😂 God bless that child, he had to have all his work DONE before I could let him out of my sight or I would never see him again. LOL “A break” translated into “school is OVER!” Praised be Jesus Christ he has matured — largely due to all the work we put in that year! LOVE IT.
    “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Boy Wonder 13 ...SC7/8 + MP4 + Rod & Staff 4/5 + Seton 5
    Joy Bubble 11 ...SC7/8 + MP4 + Rod & Staff 4/5 + Seton 5
    Cuddly Cowboy 9 ...SC7/8 + MP4 + Rod & Staff 3/4/5 + Seton 4
    Sassafras 5 ...MPK + Seton K

Comment

Working...
    X