Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Bottom Line It For Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom Line It For Me?

My various and sundry lesson plans and curricula are being combed and groomed and cleaned and shone for the fall. The current plan is to move through roughly MP4 (with SC helps and outside subjects from other providers) in order to be ready for MP5 (with SC helps, etc) by 2022 (in one year and two-ish months). What do we absolutely have to have mastered before we can start MP5? Am I missing anything glaring in the run up?

This fall we will be using:
    *Latina Christiana (complete package + MP3 lesson plans) We have about half a year of Prima under our belt and the kids like Latin. Do I need the digital plans at the one-year pace? We have not even cracked LC yet. I presume the entirety should be done before First Form for best results (?).
    *Greek Myths (text and teacher’s guide + lesson plans from SC) We have already read about half the book together and done the corresponding exercises orally.
    *Christian Studies 1 (teacher’s guide + one-year pace lesson plans) I don’t anticipate this being difficult for the kids, they already have a lot of exposure in this area. We will be completing this course orally.
    *States and Capitals (one textbook to share, flashcards, MP3 + SC lesson plans) We have already completed about half the book. The kids love it. This is mostly just fun.
    *Rod and Staff Spelling 5 (textbooks and teacher’s manual) We stopped at Lesson 5 when we broke for the summer. The kids are all good spellers and are doing fine.
    *Rod and Staff Math 3-5 (leveled for each child; complete packages, no formal lesson plans due to included teacher’s manual) The kids are each on about lesson 40 in their textbooks. I plan to keep Math to 2-3 days per week over the summer to retain skills. So far everyone is doing well. I’m so, so, so, so glad we came back to Rod and Staff Math! I’ll never switch again — pinkie promise. Do I need the digital lesson plans for these? We are literally doing every single lesson and worksheet in the books.
    *Rod and Staff Science 4 (complete package) Haven’t even cracked these open yet, but they look fun!
    *Rod and Staff English 4 (complete package with SC lesson plans) This will cover composition until we can move to Fable; also obviously grammar, etc.
    *EGR1 (teacher’s guide, flash cards, SC lesson plans) We have covered about 1/3 of this already; the children do well with it.
    *Seton Religion 4-5 (leveled for each child, no lesson plans needed)
    *St Jerome School Handwriting 4-5 (leveled for each child, no lesson plans needed)
    *MP3 History read alouds and MP Third Grade American History Questions Booklet + St Jerome School History 5 (textbook and teacher’s guide)
    Do we need to do MP4 History read alouds and Fourth Grade American History over the summer of 2022 in order to be ready for fall 2022?
    *Reasoning and Reading (workbook, beginner level) For extra comprehension practice; we are about halfway through this workbook. We may or may not move to the next workbook after completion. The exercises are worthwhile, but Im not sure how well they will fit into our days of an already full load.
    *MP4 Literature selections (plus teachers guides, student guides and MP4 Literature digital lesson plans — minus Dangerous Journey so we can read more for pleasure and move a little slower) + leveled readers and chapter books of all sorts to interweave history and religion into our days in lieu of/addition to MP read alouds. We are currently about halfway through Farmer Boy, just for pleasure; we are skipping Charlotte’s Web, and will be studying Paddington Bear and Mr Popper’s Penguins with the teacher’s guides and a shared student guide before fall in order to be ready for Homer Price, Cricket in Times Square and The Blue Fairy Book in the fall.
    *Music/Art — St Jerome Library Story Art Appreciation 4 and Art Appreciation 5; MP Creating Art (plus SC lesson plans); Themes To Remember, Volumes 1&2; Draw, Write Now (2 volumes that correspond with American History) You wouldn’t believe how gorgeous these Art appreciation books are! Truly a treasure of classical art. And Themes to Remember is a huge hit around here. (If it ain’t broke…!) Creating Art and Draw, Write Now are obviously icing on the cake.

What (if anything) am I missing?
    What (if anything) looks like overkill? (Because: guilty!)

Thanks so much for looking this over ❤️ I’m driving myself crazy looking at lesson plans and books and trying to mash this all together into a lovely cake batter for fall “baking”. *I do have the editable lesson plans for each child as well, no worries!*

Love to all 💋
    “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
    Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
    Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
    Sassafras 6 ... MP1
    All … SSPX Catechesis

Anita, this looks like a delicious cake batter. To avoid too many ingredients, just plan the day so the priorities are first: Latin, math, Lit, English. Then if you have a long or tight day, one of the art options (for example) might be omitted or set aside for another time.

As for math, yes, you might want the digital plans before placing all in your pre-heated oven for baking.

Comment

😄 Thank you!
      “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
      Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
      Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
      Sassafras 6 ... MP1
      All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Working...
      X