Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Hidden Gems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Gems

What are your favorite things in the Simply Classical curriculum that you have used that you would recommend for kids who aren’t considered special needs? I used the Simply Classical Copybook for my Kindergartner this year who needed extra handwriting practice and I added the cursive blessings Journal in for my 1st grader halfway through this year. For Kinder/1st/2nd what have you found and loved in Simply Classical that all children would benefit from in your opinion?
    Rebecca

Boy-2nd
    Boy-1st
    Boy-4yo
    Girl-2yo

Good questions! Following.
    Tentative Plan '22/'23 - 5th Year MP
    Homeschool Dad & Tutorial Magister
    8S, Rising 3nd MP @ HLN & Home
    6D, Rising 1st MP @ HLN & Home
    4S, Rising K MP @ HLN & Home

Comment

The Reading schedule! I love all the books ❤️ They overlap quite a bit with the MP readers and read alouds, but there are bonus books in there that are so wonderful and warm. I like that there are Math and Science read alouds to discover and love. And the pace is gentler than most. We can really relish our reading (alliteration be darned!).
      “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
      Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
      Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
      Sassafras 6 ... MP1
      All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

The Simply Classical Curriculum guides themselves, contain bonus information, review games, etc. Additionally, in MP, music and art are not scheduled in curriculum guides, but are in scheduled in Simply Classical. I've noticed more poetry is scheduled in the SC levels as well.
        Christine

(2022/2023)
        DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
        DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
        DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

The Myself and Others program is excellent for all children.
          Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
          DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
          DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
          DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
          DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
          DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
            The Myself and Others program is excellent for all children.
            Oh! We used this for our kids this year too and I just forgot! So many gems!
            Rebecca

Boy-2nd
            Boy-1st
            Boy-4yo
            Girl-2yo

Comment

Working...
            X