Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Summer review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer review

What do you guys use for a quick daily summer review?

I'm thinking of reviewing math facts (just finished grade 4) and 30 minutes of independent reading time.

I want screen-free review time.

Any go-to ideas for this summer?
    DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
    DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
    DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Keep it simple or it won’t happen. Since Memoria Math doesn’t have higher levels, I would see if Rainbow Resource has a no-frills drill book for the four operations. Page a day and done.

Most of my kids devour books so I’ve never had to set up anything formal on that front. Maybe get some books from the read-aloud sets (AbeBooks often has better prices than ThriftBooks). She could then tell you what happened in the reading before moving on for the day.
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
    DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
    DS15: MP, MPOA
    DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
    DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
    DD10: SC3
    DD7: MPK

Comment

Yep, one page of the drill pages (we use the packet that comes with the 4th grade R&S set). I use dry erase pockets/wet erase markers and there are 4 colors for the 4 operations. 1 per day, and they rotate through red, green, blue, purple, etc. What latin did you do? I would maybe add 5 min of flashcard review, the 5 min fact form and depending on phonics or spelling maybe something there. We also do the 30 min of reading time as well.
      Christine

(2022/2023)
      DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
      DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post
        Yep, one page of the drill pages (we use the packet that comes with the 4th grade R&S set). I use dry erase pockets/wet erase markers and there are 4 colors for the 4 operations. 1 per day, and they rotate through red, green, blue, purple, etc.
        Great idea!

I was thinking about this:

- Math: 15 min unused speed drills or blacklines, occasional flash cards
        - Spelling/Writing: 15 min spelling/writing, if only StartWrite-generated copywork of previously studied spelling words
        - Reading: 30 min with timer, preferably immediately following the above, as it might then feel like a reward for finishing the written review.

Comment

Working...
        X