Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Readiness Assessment SC 9/10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Readiness Assessment SC 9/10?

Is there an available readiness assessment for the forthcoming Simply Classical Level 9/10? I’ve done a simple forum keyword search and nothing has come up. Thank you!
    “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
    Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
    Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
    Sassafras 6 ... MP1
    All … SSPX Catechesis

Hi Anita. Here it is:

https://www.memoriapress.com/wp-cont...Assessment.pdf
    Tentative Plan '22/'23 - 5th Year MP
    Homeschool Dad & Tutorial Magister
    8S, Rising 3nd MP @ HLN & Home
    6D, Rising 1st MP @ HLN & Home
    4S, Rising K MP @ HLN & Home

Comment

This post got me snooping around the website and I see 9/10 is on the website!!! (if you search you can find the cores..it isn't on the SC page yet)
      Christine

(2022/2023)
      DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
      DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Oooooh
        “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
        Sassafras 6 ... MP1
        All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

The readiness assessments really have me thinking that my older daughter could jump right in to a higher level than where I have her placed (face palm). But we can’t really change it now — I just ordered all the materials! It’s starting to get tricky with placement. My kids are close together in skills (excepting Math) but my daughter is leaps ahead of her older brother in literature (I suspect he will level out around a fifth or sixth grade level eventually and probably stay there indefinitely). I dont know how far she can go, but I suspect she will be able to get through a regular MP course of study, albeit at a slower or more modified pace (aka the SC program format and beyond). But what to do when she passes him? That’s a problem for a different day — NOT TODAY!
          ANNNNywayyyy... This looks amazing. Great work, Cheryl (and the whole SC team). Can’t wait for our turn to try this one.
          Last edited by Anita; 05-23-2021, 07:19 PM.

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
          Sassafras 6 ... MP1
          All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Thank you, Anita. For your son, remember the large reading list for 4th-8th in Simply Classical (the book). It exists just for children like yours and mine.

howiecram , it appears that Beorn is another SC sleuth in our midst!

Comment

Beorn Yes, thank you! A sleuth indeed.

And thanks for the reminder, Cheryl ❤️ If I’m honest, I don't like much literature beyond 8th grade anyway 😂 I’m very much like CS Lewis in that respect. He used to say (tongue in cheek, of course) if you’ve tried to read “a grownup book” more than a few times and failed, it’s not your fault, it’s the book’s fault; you should read what you love. I latched on to that quickly! He and I would have a grand time drinking giant cups of tea and reading fairy stories together, I suspect.

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
              Sassafras 6 ... MP1
              All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
                howiecram , it appears that Beorn is another SC sleuth in our midst!
                I wish I was an SC sleuth! That would be awesome. I am still learning more and more of the program as I go and I am liking every bit of it.

What I am is a Google searcher who does not like loose ends so when I see someone looking for something, especially on this forum that I love and that has been such a blessing to me, I can't help but to do a quick search myself to see if I can find the item. Carry on!
                Tentative Plan '22/'23 - 5th Year MP
                Homeschool Dad & Tutorial Magister
                8S, Rising 3nd MP @ HLN & Home
                6D, Rising 1st MP @ HLN & Home
                4S, Rising K MP @ HLN & Home

Comment

Working...
                X