Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Moving from SC 2 to SC 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from SC 2 to SC 4

Occasionally students with milder needs complete Levels 1 and 2 with such success that they appear ready to jump over Level 3 and begin Level 4! This sometimes happens after Level 2 and we love it when it happens! We applaud the progress but caution that we do not want to create gaps. Therefore we recommend working through a few items prior to teaching Level 4. I sent this to a homeschooling parent today and decided to "sticky" the instructions to benefit others.

We recommend completing these books after Level 2 and before Level 4, if you have not already taught from them:
    Individual Lesson Plans for SC 3 in Phonics/Reading/Spelling will guide your review.

Note: SC Spelling Two does not require much time to work through each day and will set up success for TS I in Level 4. Given the student's newly developed abilities, she may be able to complete one week of SC Spelling lessons in 2-3 days. If not, slow down and teach as written. TS I can wait a bit.

Last tip: At some point you will want to cover the American history read-alouds from Level 3; but we do offer the books as read-alouds (or for team reading) in Levels 5&6, so you can wait until then if you would like. Read in order, as the books provide a chronological overview of American history to prepare for more thorough studies later.

Congratulations!

If I want to use the American history books as shared reading in a mostly regular MP core as our history curriculum for the year, what grade would you say that is best for?

Comment

Hi, Ginger. All of SC 3 Enrichment can be taught with children ages 7-11.

The American history read-alouds can be long, but accompanying Science, Art, and Music selections are shorter. Science & Enrichment picture books from Level 3 go with the AmHist set. This book helps coordinate everything. https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...ichment-guide/

Comment

Working...
      X