Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Teens, tweens and anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens, tweens and anxiety

Good evening, lovely SC mommas!

Do we have a list of resources for helping teens and tweens with anxiety?

I appreciate the help!
    Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
    DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
    DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
    DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
    DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
    DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Hi, Dianna. Did you watch Catherine's talk with a similar name? She mentioned several resources.

See also:
    - Helping Your Anxious Child: A Step-by-Step Guide for Parents, by Rapee et al
    - Overcoming Anxiety in Children & Teens, by Baker
    - Make Your Worrier a Warrior, by Peters

Comment

Hi, Dianna!

This is a CBT workbook I mentioned in my talk:

https://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Fee.../dp/1932565221

Brain Lock is a classic book for overcoming repetitive, anxious thoughts.

https://www.amazon.com/Brain-Lock-Tw...s=books&sr=1-1

I hope that helps!
      Catherine

2022-23
      7th year with MP

DS19, college freshman
      DS16, 10th
      DS & DD14, 9th
      DS10, 4th
      DD7, 2nd
      DS4, JrK
      DS & DS, 1

Comment

And ... here is the link to that session, Navigating the Teen Years: Anxiety, Angst, & Achievement

Sodalitas: Homeschool & Simply Classical Bonus Q&A Memoria Press will host four live, interactive Q & A sessions for all conference attendees to address questions that we didn’t have the opportunity to answer during the conference. The Q & A sessions will take place July 27-30 from 7:30-9 p.m. EDT. Please complete Q&A Form to [...]

Comment

Thank you all! I actually started listening to Catherine S 's talk this evening while making dinner. And 'black and white thinking' hit me right in the gut. I need this talk for myself, just as much as my children.
          Plans for 2022-23

Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
          DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
          DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
          DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
          DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
          DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

Comment

Working...
          X