Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Greek Myths Special Needs lesson plans...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greek Myths Special Needs lesson plans...?

Hi!

I just bought the Greek Myths set for my 10 year old. He is SO excited. He is so excited for this he says he wants to do his work even on the weekends!

My question is, what special needs individual lesson plans do I get that go along with this Greek Myths set?
    Betty Wicks

hi! You would want the Greek Myths (Classical Studies) from SC 5/6!
    Christine

(2019/2020)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Hi!

Yes that is what I got. I went to that level and picked the greek myth set. I just wasnt sure if I needed to purchase anything im addition
      Betty Wicks

Comment

Oh, my misunderstanding! You only need this: https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...clear-mind-cd/ addition for SC.
        Christine

(2019/2020)
        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

oh okay great. Yes, I got the CD. Thank you
          Betty Wicks

Comment

Nwicks629 , if you do not have a Curriculum Manual for Simply Classical Levels 5&6, you will want the Simply Classical Individual Lesson Plans for Classical Studies in Levels 5&6, either One-Year or Two-Year. Scroll down to Classical Studies, Levels 5&6, to choose whichever you prefer.

howiecram , thanks for your help!
            Simply Classical Lesson Plans Opening Recitation Lesson Plans Simply Classical Level A Opening Recitation Lesson Plans  Buy Digital $5.00  Buy Print $6.00 Simply Classical Level B Opening Recitation Lesson Plans  Buy Digital $5.00  Buy Print $6.00 Simply Classical Level C Opening Recitation and Bible Memory Work Lesson Plans  Buy Digital $8.00  Buy Print $9.00 Simply [...]
            Last edited by cherylswope; 05-18-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Okay, I got it. I went ahead and got the two year plan. Thank you! I should be fully integrated into MP by next year and I will not have to worry about piecing things together anymore for my oldest child!

Betty Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
                Nwicks629 , if you do not have a Curriculum Manual for Simply Classical Levels 5&6, you will want the Simply Classical Individual Lesson Plans for Enrichment in Levels 5&6, either One-Year or Two-Year. Scroll down to Enrichment, Levels 5&6, to choose whichever you prefer.

howiecram , thanks for your help!
                I'm so confused by this whole conversation! . Greek Myths in 5/6 is not under the enrichment? It is under "classical studies" (the individual lesson plans). When you click on the individual lesson plans, and then click on the SC ones, there is a section just for Classical Studies. I have both the hard copy and the individual lesson plans. Greek Myths in SC4, is in the enrichment. Am I misunderstanding what you have and what you were needing?
                Christine

(2019/2020)
                DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
                DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

Nwicks629 , If you ordered anything other than Classical Studies, please correct this order. My apologies. (In Level 4 we include our Classical Studies under Enrichment, but not in SC 5&6 and beyond.) My recommendation above is now edited to reflect the correct plans.

howiecram thank you. You are correct! Your older daughter comes by her editing prowess honestly.

Comment

okay, So I need to get the Special needs classical studies plan? for what level?
                    Betty Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Nwicks629 View Post
                      okay, So I need to get the Special needs classical studies plan? for what level?
                      Simply Classical Individual Lesson Plans for Levels 5&6 (either Two-Year or One-Year) listed under Classical Studies.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwicks629 View Post
                        I think we are all very confused! . Can you link what you have ordered? We might be able to help further once we understand what you are wanting to do!
                        Christine

(2019/2020)
                        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
                        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

Nwicks629 , to teach Greek Myths only, your order would look like this:
                          • D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths text
                          • D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths Teacher Guide
                          • Courage and a Clear Mind CD
                          • D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths Flashcards
                          • Simply Classical Individual Lesson Plans, Classical Studies Levels 5&6 One-Year or Two-Year
                          • (optional D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths Student Guide)
                          We love to hear that he is excited to begin! I hope this list clears up any confusion.

Comment

There is an excellent audio book recording of D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths that our entire family has enjoyed immensely. Even our 7-year-old twins have listened to and enjoyed the stories. Amazon offers both a CD set as well as a format for Audible.

It's a wonderful book and the MP guides are fantastic.
                            Laura H.

DD: 14, special-needs (modified 7M Core)
                            DD: 11
                            DD: 7
                            DD: 7

Comment

oh my goodness.
                              I am sorry, I received the MP materials yesterday for my 3 kids and I WAS SO EXCITED. I spent much of the day looking through the teacher manuals and getting organized. You know how that can be.

So, cherylswope thank you SO much for listing that Greek Myths set for me. I needed that! Looks like I ordered the right materials. I went ahead and got the special needs lesson plans for classical studies, language, and enrichment.

As always, you are super helpful and for taking the time to give me some guidance.

By the way, we did math lessons today for grades 1 and 4. OMG. I love it. I have tried others and honestly I was kind of scared to go all in with Rod and Staff. But wow, it is pretty awesome. The drills are fun (for now!) and oral drills work wonders with my kids. They love calling out the answers. Its way more interactive. I get to sit and work on these things with them.

I need to prep for greek and spelling. I have some studying to do before rolling that out with my oldest. But, I am looking forward to it.
                              Betty Wicks

Comment

Working...
                              X