Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Announcing SC 7&8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcing SC 7&8!

Announcing here first:

Memoria Press has just released Simply Classical Levels 7&8: Poetry, Pleiades, & Promises!
    Sample Lessons Readiness Assessment Supply List Skills to Develop Poetry, Pleiades, & Promises Ages 11-14 (Chronological Age or Skill Level) Simply Clas

And the heavens opened and angels sang. Yay!
    Married to DH for 14 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS11- Simply Classical 5/6
    DD9- Simply Classical 5/6 (neurotypical, but schooling with big brother to save mom's sanity)
    DD 6- Classic Core First Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

How is Story of the World used? Is it a summer reader or scheduled throughout the year?

DD9- Simply Classical 5/6 (neurotypical, but schooling with big brother to save mom's sanity)

We've completed:

Comment

We schedule this volume during the year to accompany Classical Studies. (Pardon the odd formatting of this answer from my phone! I can answer more tomorrow.)

Comment

Would any aspects of this be suitable to high school credit for a child with an IEP?

Comment

And is a one year pace schedule coming soon? I'm trying to debate ordering PDFs or the whole guide, but would need the accelerated pace.

We've completed:

Comment

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
              And is a one year pace schedule coming soon? I'm trying to debate ordering PDFs or the whole guide, but would need the accelerated pace.
              The one year pace is up on the website as well. i'm guessing Cheryl posted the two year, since most Simply Classical Students will need that pace. Here it is: https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...one-year-pace/
              Christine

(2019/2020)
              DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
              DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
              DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
              DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
              DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
              DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Thanks! I looked on the SC page, but didn't see 7/8 listed at all.

We've completed:

Comment

Colomama, both the Two-Year Standard and One-Year Accelerated pacings are now on the main webpage, https://www.memoriapress.com/curriculum/special-needs/.

andreamichele13, if you taught Latin from the One-Year versions of SC 5&6 and SC 7&8, this could prepare your student for First Form Latin in SC 9&10 and SC 11&12, which can then become a high school credit. Depending on his IEP and your state or future college requirements, or whether you intend to award a modified diploma, any of SC 7&8 could become a high school credit. If needed you could always enrich subjects with more research, more in-depth study, or higher level texts (even if these are read aloud to your student) to extend coursework into high school level. Feel free to follow up if this does not answer the question sufficiently.

Comment

I'm looking forward to using this!
                    expat mama south of the border
                    DD (14) MP 9 Core, modified, (Greek, Music Theory)
                    DS (10) SC4
                    DS2 (7) SC1
                    DS3 (4) SCB

Comment

cherylswope ....Thank you so much!!! I need to look more in-depth and see if this will work for him for next year. We had started First Form Latin this year, but it proved to be way too much for him. Would he be okay starting with the Latin that is in SC 7/8?

Comment

andreamichele13 You are welcome! The Latin in SC 7&8 is the second half of Latina Christiana. It would be better to teach from One-Year SC 5&6 Latin, which is the first half of LC, and then One-Year SC 7&8 Latin. Both will give you ways to practice with games. If you would like, you can add the games in this new book that comes with SC 7&8 but can be ordered separately. It coordinates exactly with Latina Christiana. https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...dent-workbook/ (Recommended: the companion Answer Key.)

Comment

cherylswope I think I’ll do just that with the Latin. Getting some is better than none and I would rather him feel like he is excelling rather than drowning!!

Comment

I just saw this on the website and am very excited. We have had a tough day here,but so it is nice to see I have a plan for next year.

Thank you for all the hard work.

Comment

Naxi, you are welcome. As always this is a team effort that includes all of you and your invaluable feedback!

Comment

Working...
                              X