Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

OT: Prayer Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Prayer Request

Everyone,

My daughter is having a renal ultrasound and related bloodwork today. A few years ago she developed CKD, chronic kidney disease, but through a dedicated renal diet, renal vitamins, and medication changes her numbers eventually returned to normal, thanks be to God. We assumed all was well. Recently symptoms returned. Doctors are taking this seriously, which I appreciate. Prayer for Michelle would be appreciated.
    Last edited by cherylswope; 01-28-2020, 01:17 PM.

Oh absolutely Cheryl. Thank you for telling us about this. Praying now, and will continue to do so! Hugs, Susan

Comment

Definitely, Cheryl. I will pray for her right now.
      love,
      Catherine
      Catherine

2022-23
      14th year homeschooling
      7th year with MP

DS19, college freshman
      DS16, 10th
      DS & DD14, 9th
      DS10, 4th
      DD7, 2nd
      DS4, JrK
      DS & DS, 1yr old

Comment

Praying. ?
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
        DS Hillsdale College freshman
        DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
        DD 8th • HLN & Home
        DS 5th • HLN & Home
        Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
        Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Prayers for each of you, Cheryl!
          Jennifer
          Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
          DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
          DS15: MP, MPOA
          DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
          DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
          DD10: SC3
          DD7: MPK

Comment

Joining the faithful in prayer for her. May the Lord do a mighty miracle in her body! My little guy also has kidney issues, and our nephrologist is worth her weight in gold. It's good yours is on top of things!
            Mama of 2, teacher of 3
            SY 22/23
            6A, teaching TFL & CC Chreia/Maxim w/ Elementary Greek Year One
            MP2

Completed MPK, MP1, MP2, 3A, 4A, 5A
            SC B, SC C, SC1 (Phonics/Math)

Comment

Joining the others in prayer for the whole family.
              Dorinda

Plans for 2022-2023
              16th year homeschooling, 13th year with Memoria Press
              DD College Sophomore
              DS 11th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata, MPOA Divine Comedy
              DS 9th grade - Vita Beata Literature/Classical Studies
              DS 4th grade - 4A with Right Start F, Second Form Latin, AAS 5

Comment

Sending you lots of love and prayers for good health for Michelle. <3
                2022-23: Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
                DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, Dual Credit - equestrian &theatre
                DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis/aviation -dyslexia &dysgraphia
                DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis/aviation -auditory processing disorder
                DD5 - 10- Mash up of SC levels and standard MP, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian &tumbling
                DS6 - 8 - MP 1/SC -- 2E cutie with dyslexia, dysgraphia &ADHD

Comment

Praying for your family Cheryl.

Comment

Praying for Michelle and for you too Cheryl.
                    Sarah

Aussies from Sydney, Australia
                    Miriam 10yo
                    Jonathan 8yo
                    Elissa 5yo
                    Thomas 2yo
                    Caleb 2 months

Comment

Thank you all! We will know something by the end of the day Friday.

Comment

Love and prayers for Michelle and all of you, Cheryl.

Monica
                        Monica
                        2021-2022
                        S - 15
                        S - 13

Comment

Will add her to my prayers!!!

Comment

Thank you all very much for the support!

So far the answers are more elusive than I anticipated. (Nearly everyone here has experienced this!) As families here know very well, this only redoubles our motivation to action. Watching your child feel unwell, seeing objective test results with numbers to verify that this is not all in her head, and knowing that the child relies on you to make things better, spurs us on.

Her bp is high, her resting pulse is very high, and while some of her kidney tests look very good, others remain puzzling. She asked to go on to work today, so she is taking her mind off her troubles by serving those elderly ladies at the nursing home.

With the help of God we will press on to find good answers and good solutions. I'll share if we learn more. Thank you for caring!

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
                              Thank you all very much for the support!

So far the answers are more elusive than I anticipated. (Nearly everyone here has experienced this!) As families here know very well, this only redoubles our motivation to action. Watching your child feel unwell, seeing objective test results with numbers to verify that this is not all in her head, and knowing that the child relies on you to make things better, spurs us on.

Her bp is high, her resting pulse is very high, and while some of her kidney tests look very good, others remain puzzling. She asked to go on to work today, so she is taking her mind off her troubles by serving those elderly ladies at the nursing home.

With the help of God we will press on to find good answers and good solutions. I'll share if we learn more. Thank you for caring!
                              I've been thinking about you all day !!! We'll continue to keep you all in our prayers!
                              Christine

(2022/2023)
                              DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
                              DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
                              DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
                              DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
                              DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
                              DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Working...
                              X