Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

How to Delete Photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Delete Photos?

I've gone through the Help, but the Media tab on my profile doesn't do what Help says it should. I can look at the photos I've uploaded, but I can't find any way to delete them. It says I can't upload anymore because I've met my quota (10 MB), so I want to delete some of the old ones. Thanks!
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
    ds 25, graduated
    dd 11th Grade
    dd 8th Grade
    ds 6th Grade

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
    I've gone through the Help, but the Media tab on my profile doesn't do what Help says it should. I can look at the photos I've uploaded, but I can't find any way to delete them. It says I can't upload anymore because I've met my quota (10 MB), so I want to delete some of the old ones. Thanks!
    Good afternoon Cheryl,

Well, this is awkward, because I also cannot find a way to delete photos, not even as a moderator! I will need to get technical help with this issue, so it may be a bit before we have a solution. I do apologize for this inconvenience! If it helps in the meantime, adding photos as attachments, rather than as images inserted into the post itself, should allow you to get around the 10 MB limit.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good afternoon Cheryl,

Well, this is awkward, because I also cannot find a way to delete photos, not even as a moderator! I will need to get technical help with this issue, so it may be a bit before we have a solution. I do apologize for this inconvenience! If it helps in the meantime, adding photos as attachments, rather than as images inserted into the post itself, should allow you to get around the 10 MB limit.

HTH!
      Hahaha, I feel a lot better now! Thanks so much :-)
      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
      ds 25, graduated
      dd 11th Grade
      dd 8th Grade
      ds 6th Grade

Comment

I have wondered about this as well. I'll be reading along to see if there's a solution.
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

2020-2021
        11th year HSing · 9th year MP
        @ Home, HLN, & Latin online
        11th, 9th, 6th, 3rd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Good afternoon Cheryl (and Jessica, and anyone else following ),

We (and by "we" I mean Brian) have spent some time researching image attachments and related features. In your case, Cheryl, you had a number of massive files which were causing you to hit your cap so quickly. We deleted some of the largest ones, so you should once again have space to upload. Going forward, we'd recommend choosing image sizes no larger than "medium." The "full size" and "large" images in particular were eating up a lot of space.

We've also rebuilt all attachments across the forum, which should have given everyone a bit more room. If an attachment disappeared or corrupted accidentally, feel free to re-upload it, though again, for images select "medium" size or smaller.

The "how" of the above changes is beyond my technical knowledge, but I will do my best to answer any follow-up questions.
          Michael
          Memoria Press

Comment

Good afternoon Cheryl (and Jessica, and anyone else following ),

We (and by "we" I mean Brian) have spent some time researching image attachments and related features. In your case, Cheryl, you had a number of massive files which were causing you to hit your cap so quickly. We deleted some of the largest ones, so you should once again have space to upload. Going forward, we'd recommend choosing image sizes no larger than "medium." The "full size" and "large" images in particular were eating up a lot of space.

We've also rebuilt all attachments across the forum, which should have given everyone a bit more room. If an attachment disappeared or corrupted accidentally, feel free to re-upload it, though again, for images select "medium" size or smaller.

The "how" of the above changes is beyond my technical knowledge, but I will do my best to answer any follow-up questions.
            Hahaha, you are too funny! Please tell Brian how much I appreciate his help, both in removing the pictures and in keeping it from happening again! I'll also shrink the file for the internet in the future. Does this mean that in order to delete photos in the future, we'll have to go to the admin/moderator instead of doing it ourselves? I just don't want to have to bother you (or Brian) again if I don't need to :-)
            Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
            ds 25, graduated
            dd 11th Grade
            dd 8th Grade
            ds 6th Grade

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
              Does this mean that in order to delete photos in the future, we'll have to go to the admin/moderator instead of doing it ourselves? I just don't want to have to bother you (or Brian) again if I don't need to :-)
              Possibly. He was unable to find a setting for deleting one's own pictures at this time, but he was primarily focused on getting you guys more space. However, if it turns out you do need to continue to ask an admin to delete photos, it's not a bother at all!
              Michael
              Memoria Press

Comment

Possibly. He was unable to find a setting for deleting one's own pictures at this time, but he was primarily focused on getting you guys more space. However, if it turns out you do need to continue to ask an admin to delete photos, it's not a bother at all!
                Thanks so much :-)
                Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                ds 25, graduated
                dd 11th Grade
                dd 8th Grade
                ds 6th Grade

Comment

Working...
                X