Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

FMOR tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMOR tips?

Waving at the SC mommas!

We're getting ready to start Cottage School next week.

My boys pace slightly above the published SC plans, so we're doing FMoR this fall.

Does anyone have SC type tips and tricks for teaching/reviewing FMoR?
    Plans for 2019-20

DD1 - 24 - College Grad and rocking her own bakery business
    DD2 - 13 - 8A Louisville HLS Cottage School and MPOA
    DS3 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
    DS4 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
    DD5 - 7 - MP2, Louisville HLS Cottage School
    DS6 - 5 - MP K

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

When my children and I studied FMOR we read through the stories more than once. You might pre-read at home before the story is encountered in class or reread at home afterward.

We used visuals such as making good use of the maps and examining the illustrations. We also read easy historical fiction, such as Detectives in Togas and Mystery of the Roman Ransom, to gain a better sense of the era. (My daughter says you simply must read both. They go together like peanut butter and jelly.)

We did not have FMOR flash cards back then, but you do! Those will help.

If you create any new tips along the way this year, please share!

Comment

Working...
    X