Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

After the ITBS Form A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the ITBS Form A

My kiddo and I had a really big win and I just want to share it. I'm a proud Mama - and there have been more than a few tears (even a few as I type this). There are few people that can understand the power of the "win" as much as you guys.

He is 8, and we are finishing up MP2. According to this, his results put him at the grade equivalent of a 3rd grader in the 3rd month.

I think the people at MP can really take a bow here because he really struggled with reading comprehension and that has come a long way. I think the literature study guides are directly responsible here. I know his math scores "look" low, but there were several things on the test that we haven't covered - including more complex word problems.

His ability to listen and understand really does stand out though - 5% of all 2nd graders. I truly must sound a lot like the woman on Charlie Brown "Wah wwahh ". We've had his hearing checked twice. There is no problem with his hearing at all - just his ability to process it and his ability to pull his thoughts together to express himself. Early on, it was described as a receptive/expressive disorder. Honestly, he's memorizing his way through the English language in the same way that we are all memorizing our way through Latin - which ironically is his favorite class.

So thank you MP. This wouldn't have been possible without the amazing curriculum. It truly changes lives, "one at a time".

Attached Files
    Last edited by MBentley; 07-01-2019, 11:39 AM.
    Melissa

DS (MP2) - 8
    DS (MP1) - 7
    DS (K) - 5
    DD (Adorable distraction) 2

Congratulations to both of you! I cannot seem to open the file, but we're cheering for you.

As Tanya often says, the curriculum is here for you, but you are the one who teaches. YOU have been teaching! I hope you can find a way to celebrate. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'll try to convert to a PDF instead. Scores - ITBS Form A.pdf
      Melissa

DS (MP2) - 8
      DS (MP1) - 7
      DS (K) - 5

Comment

Ok, I can see that now. Excellent news on many of those scores!

We do need to address the Listening Comprehension. Are you coming to Sodalitas? If yes, please look at the SC 2 Comprehension visual helps in the SC 2 Appendix within the SC 2 guide. I think you might find them useful. If you are not coming and cannot preview them in that way, consider ordering just the SC plans that include those comprehension visual aids. Use them in upcoming literature and with any read-alouds. We would like to see those areas come up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
          Ok, I can see that now. Excellent news on many of those scores!

We do need to address the Listening Comprehension. Are you coming to Sodalitas? If yes, please look at the SC 2 Comprehension visual helps in the SC 2 Appendix within the SC 2 guide. I think you might find them useful. If you are not coming and cannot preview them in that way, consider ordering just the SC plans that include those comprehension visual aids. Use them in upcoming literature and with any read-alouds. We would like to see those areas come up for him.
          I can't make it this year. :-(

Okay. Question. We are going to be doing MP 3M this year. The closest SC I can see would be the SC 5/6. But, based on your comment, I think I understand you to mean that there are very specific visual aids in the Appendix in SC2 that aren't in the other SC guides. These visual helps in SC2 are applicable to all of the upcoming literature for MP3.

Based on this, I need to order the SC2 curriculum manual, right? Not SC5/6?
          Melissa

DS (MP2) - 8
          DS (MP1) - 7
          DS (K) - 5

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
            ...We are going to be doing MP 3M this year. The closest SC I can see would be the SC 5/6. But, based on your comment, I think I understand you to mean that there are very specific visual aids in the Appendix in SC2 that aren't in the other SC guides. These visual helps in SC2 are applicable to all of the upcoming literature for MP3.

Based on this, I need to order the SC2 curriculum manual, right? Not SC5/6?
            You are correct that you would need only the SC 2 comprehension aids; however, I do not think you would need the entire SC 2 manual.

We work specifically on comprehension with the visual aids in SC 2: Comprehension, Calculations, & Character, so I was thinking only that those visual aids might be useful to you in any upcoming literature.

We will see if we have isolated those visual aids within any SC Individual Lesson Plans and let you know where those would be located for purchasing. I think they would be helpful for you whether you choose MP 3M or SC 5&6. We will check in the morning & report back! Thanks -

Comment

Those visual comprehension aids, including Picture Question Words, are available in the SC 2 Wonder, Beauty, & Imagination Individual Lesson Plans. They will include tips on using those aids. Scroll down to Special Needs to order. https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...plans-subject/

Comment

Working...
              X