Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Need social story rec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need social story rec

I’m looking for a social story recommendation on friendship for a 10-year-old boy, specifically one that might focus on losing a friend. He has become fixated on getting back in touch with a friend he hasn’t seen for three years, and we even moved to a different state. Honestly, they never even had a play date together and I doubt the kid will even remember him. This is just a manifestation of his disability along with some anxiety he’s experiencing due to another upcoming move for us. I thought maybe a social story on the ebb and flow of friendship, that friendships come and go, might be helpful.
    2 boys, 5th and 3rd grade cores
    6 and 3 year old girls in Montessori school

Originally posted by musdir26 View Post
    I thought maybe a social story on the ebb and flow of friendship, that friendships come and go, might be helpful.
    If you search the internet for "social story formula," you can use the tips to create your own. I do not know of a ready-made social story for this scenario, but I think your own thoughts are excellent.

If it is any comfort, we encounter this quite often. Whether a child moves away from my children geographically or simply through maturation, we try to focus with gratitude on the moments and people they enjoyed. We try to be ready for similar moments and people who will come into their lives. You might add a future component to your social story, so he can be looking forward.

Comment

Working...
    X