Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Thank you!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

This is just a huge thank you for the "Myself and Others" curriculum. We recently started the level 2 set and my youngest son loves it! - go figure. It is the most peaceful and encouraging (And bonding) part of our day - seriously- totally unexpected. No idea what kind of results we'll get from the lessons, but that in itself makes it worth it.

I've really been giving some thought to this program myself. I'm half wondering if it shouldn't be part of standard curriculum. I am not sure that this subject can be "over taught" enough for any kid. I'm really thinking about adding it into the program for all of my kids.
    Melissa

DS (MP2) - 8
    DS (MP1) - 7
    DS (K) - 5
    DD (Adorable distraction) 2

Comment

I purchased it, to use with my entire family, neurotypical and those who have difficulties. During the GHC Conference in Cincy, there were quite a few families who came over and purchased it for their kids who weren't following the SC track.

I'm looking forward to diving in this summer with it.
      Plans for 2019-20
      DD #1 : 24, heading to Chase Law School NKU Fall 2019
      DD #2 : 13 8A: HLS Cottage School Louisville, MPOA
      DS #3 : 11 4A + Simply Classical 5/6; HLS Cottage School Louisville
      DS #4 : 11 4A + Simply Classical 5/6; HLS Cottage School Louisville
      DD #5: 7, MP 2 at home, HLS Cottage School Louisville
      DS #6: 5, MP K at home

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
        I purchased it, to use with my entire family, neurotypical and those who have difficulties. During the GHC Conference in Cincy, there were quite a few families who came over and purchased it for their kids who weren't following the SC track.

I'm looking forward to diving in this summer with it.
        What level did you purchase for the whole family? I've been considering this also.
        Katie

2019/20 6th year with MP
        DS 15: 10th- mix of MP and co-op
        DD 12: 7th with MPOA Lit
        DD 9: 4th- mix of 3M/3A
        Twin DD's 6: 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post

What level did you purchase for the whole family? I've been considering this also.
          Because I'm linear, I started with guidebook 1.
          cherylswope also mentioned that my youngers (5 and almost 7) wouldn't get as much out of the older books right now, but the older kids (11, 11, and 13) would benefit from the younger books. Does that make sense?

Plans for 2019-20
          DD #1 : 24, heading to Chase Law School NKU Fall 2019
          DD #2 : 13 8A: HLS Cottage School Louisville, MPOA
          DS #3 : 11 4A + Simply Classical 5/6; HLS Cottage School Louisville
          DS #4 : 11 4A + Simply Classical 5/6; HLS Cottage School Louisville
          DD #5: 7, MP 2 at home, HLS Cottage School Louisville
          DS #6: 5, MP K at home

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

cherylswope also mentioned that my youngers (5 and almost 7) wouldn't get as much out of the older books right now, but the older kids (11, 11, and 13) would benefit from the younger books. Does that make sense?
            Here is a tip for larger families or multiple ages:

Enlist the older children as "helpers" who can do any of these ...
            1. Laminate or display the visual cue cards,
            2. Teach or model the hand signals,
            3. Read aloud to everyone the literature or teaching book at the end of each lesson.

Comment

And if the children are older - 10 and 12 - and no challengers - other than being high-energy boys - does it made sense to start at level 3? I'm thinking I will appreciate using levels 3 and 4 guides to work through the books.
              Monica

Comment

Originally posted by KikaMarie View Post

And if the children are older - 10 and 12 - and no challengers - other than being high-energy boys - does it made sense to start at level 3? I'm thinking I will appreciate using levels 3 and 4 guides to work through the books.
                Monica
                Yes! Older children may begin with Myself & Others Book Three.

Our tips above were indicated for older children in families teaching from Book One for the sake of the younger children in those families.

Your children will be perfectly suited for beginning with M&O Three. The guides for Three & Four will help your daily lessons and discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post

Yes! Older children may begin with Myself & Others Book Three.

Our tips above were indicated for older children in families teaching from Book One for the sake of the younger children in those families.

Your children will be perfectly suited for beginning with M&O Three. The guides for Three & Four will help your daily lessons and discussions.
                  Thank you! That's what I thought, but I wanted to check so I wouldn't miss anything.
                  Monica

Comment

Working...
                  X