Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Sodalitas Special Needs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodalitas Special Needs?

Just curious....who will be there? Anyone know for sure they are going? Y'all are my tribe. I've now been a few times. This is the shot in the arm I need to make ti through. Of course, being around Cheryl is enough of a shot in the arm ....but who all will be there? I'm trying to work this out right now.

SusanP in VA

Do you remember Julie P who started a special-needs co-op around Myself & Others? She is not often on the forum but plans to attend again.

Comment

Originally posted by SPearson View Post
      Just curious....who will be there? Anyone know for sure they are going? Y'all are my tribe. I've now been a few times. This is the shot in the arm I need to make ti through. Of course, being around Cheryl is enough of a shot in the arm ....but who all will be there? I'm trying to work this out right now.

SusanP in VA
      I'll likely be attending most of the standard Sodalitas track, but I will be there. <3

I know jen1134 will be there, as well as howiecram.
      Plans for 2019-20
      DD #1 : 24, heading to Chase Law School NKU Fall 2019
      DD #2 : 13 8A: HLS Cottage School Louisville, MPOA
      DS #3 : 11 4A + Simply Classical 5/6; HLS Cottage School Louisville
      DS #4 : 11 4A + Simply Classical 5/6; HLS Cottage School Louisville
      DD #5: 7, MP 2 at home, HLS Cottage School Louisville
      DS #6: 5, MP K at home

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

I really want to go and am trying to figure out how to do so because my kids have camp that ends Saturday, July 6 and I do not know that I can drive from Colorado to Louisville in time to get there. Also, has anyone heard anything about a Special Needs pre-conference? I read about it on Facebook but I cannot find any information about it.
        JeJe Greer
        Mom to:
        Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
        Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

Originally posted by jejegreer View Post
          Also, has anyone heard anything about a Special Needs pre-conference? I read about it on Facebook but I cannot find any information about it.
          There will be a special-needs track as part of the CLSA Teacher Training pre-conference day on Wednesday, July 10th. Here is a previous post from Cheryl on what the pre-conference track might cover:

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
          No matter what the title becomes for pre-conference, we will try to include all new material for those pre-conference sessions. This year at Sodalitas the SC special-needs sessions will be content-based, just like the regular sessions. When the regular track explores studying math, so will the SC track but for special needs. When the regular track discusses Latin, so will we but for children with special needs. This will leave plenty of room for extra information, tips, and Q&A for each of the pre-conference half days.
          HTH!
          Michael
          Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There will be a special-needs track as part of the CLSA Teacher Training pre-conference day on Wednesday, July 10th. Here is a previous post from Cheryl on what the pre-conference track might cover:

HTH!
            Thank you! I am so glad it is on Wednesday since I am going to be hard pressed to get there any earlier than late Sunday night! Still crossing my fingers that I can handle the drive in 1.5 days and that my husband agrees to me attending.
            JeJe Greer
            Mom to:
            Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
            Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

I'm coming for sure this year. Not sure if I am flying or driving yet. I'm toying with the idea of staying the whole week.
              Susan

2018-2019
              A (10) - Barton, R&S math 3, SC 3
              C (9) - Barton, R&S math 2, SC 3
              G (5) - Simply Classical C

Comment

I would love to attend! It would be a miracle at this point, because of the distance & the need to bring my children. I've used this curriculum for one year & it's been a Godsend for my three boys. It would be a blessing to learn more.
                expat mama south of the border
                DD MP8
                DS SC 2
                DS2 SC C
                DS3 SC A

Comment

Working...
                X