Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC Plans for First Form Latin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Plans for First Form Latin

Cheryl,
    Just wondering if you have a rough estimate of when the plans would be out for SC FFL. I think I remember they'll be included in SC 7/8? Or is it 9/10? Anyway, I'm kinda in that awkward place. I think my son might be bored repeating LC. He'll have completed the whole workbook, Ludere, etc. I suppose we could just review all Vocab and do lots of drill sheets for a year. But I'm also looking at how to modify FFL. Wondering if it'll be years before the FFL plans will be done....or sooner than later.
    Thanks!
    Susan P

Good morning, Susan.

SC 7&8 will emerge late 2019 or early 2020 with the remaining SC LC plans.

In SC 9&10 we will have SC FFL plans. This should appear late 2020 or early 2021.

If you want to begin FFL before this, you can do what my daughter and I are currently doing: Take FFL in small bites. Review quickly but more frequently. Do not move on until forms are mastered. Chant more. Recite more. Repeat more.

Do as much as you can do successfully in a lesson. Then stop until the next day. When we break down a lesson into smaller bites, we first take time to review the Vocab and forms before we begin the next bite. We read through together and each complete our own Student Workbook one section at a time. Then we compare notes. If I know a section will be difficult for her, we complete one line at a time and then compare.

Make flash cards of the various forms by color. For example, we have one big flash card all in red for the Present System forms. We review these together. Then I made another big flash card all in blue for the Perfect System forms. We review these together. We also review the most recent diamond bullet points before beginning. Periodically we go back to the beginning and review ALL of the diamond bullet points just to refresh our memories. (All of this is as much for me as it is for her.)

For a less modified version, you might try teaching from FFL exactly as written in the FFL Teacher Manual first. If you need to adapt, you can use any of the ideas of above. You might find that you do not need so many adaptations. If your student enjoys games, you can use the same games from the SC LC plans but with FFL Vocab, Derivatives, Sayings, and Translations. This might be sufficient in itself!

Comment

Thanks Cheryl! Super helpful to know both the estimated timeframe AND all of your suggestions for doing my own SC FFL before the official plans are published! I'm printing this up and definitely see no need to rush it at all, but tackle it in bite-sized chunks.

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
        Good morning, Susan.

SC 7&8 will emerge late 2019 or early 2020 with the remaining SC LC plans.

In SC 9&10 we will have SC FFL plans. This should appear late 2020 or early 2021.
        Sorry for all the questions today. I am working on trying to figure out next year and beyond. Anyway, is there a book list of SC 7/8 yet? If it is coming out later this year I am hoping to hear what more we will have in store for us!
        JeJe Greer
        Mom to:
        Stella (7M)
        Clara (SC)

Comment

Not yet, but we're working on it!

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
            Not yet, but we're working on it!
            I know that I, for one, am excited to see what you do! I am so grateful for this Simply Classical curriculum, and so happy to be able to teach it again next year!
            JeJe Greer
            Mom to:
            Stella (7M)
            Clara (SC)

Comment

Thank you, JeJe!

Comment

Working...
              X