Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC 5/6 one year, Latin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC 5/6 one year, Latin

i am still slowly going through things, subject, by subject now that I have all the books! Latin is now confusing me a bit. On week 1, day 2 it says “Teach Latin Prayer”. Hmm, there are no prayers in the lessons (I do see them in the back). So, which prayer? Every week it says this, then the following says “review prayer”. Then until week 25, every other Wednesday it says “review worksheets” then it says “Latin Prayers: Table Blessings. There are no pages in the review sheets with prayers to practice. (I do realize these may be separate tasks, but these are specific prayer, and the same one for the majority of the year. ).

Help!
    Christine

(2019/2020)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Good morning, Christine.

In your LC Teacher Manual you will find two prayers, the short Table Blessing and much longer Pater Noster. In Lesson Plan I under Opening, it says "All: Table Blessing." That is the prayer to which we are referring. You will work on the Table Blessing for quite some time and can practice not only in the Opening but also at mealtimes.

Your Opening will also include ecclesiastical songs listed under Music that serve as prayers. Christus Vincit begins in Lesson I, so students will be praying in this way as well.

When we say "Latin Prayer," we are referring to the Table Blessing until we begin teaching the Pater Noster. In our home, we taught the Table Blessing one line at a time for quite a while and then the Pater Noster in the same manner, so I think you'll have plenty to teach. We could have spelled this out more clearly and may change the Teacher Notes to do so.

Thanks-
    Cheryl

Comment

Ok, yes, *duh* I see that now. I think “my” confusion came because we are teaching the table blessing in P.L. I was confused because I was thinking “teach”? I totally missed it was right there! I understand now you are “teaching” the opening up over a few days now! (I mis- understood the breakdown of the opening in the lesson plans!)
      Christine

(2019/2020)
      DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

No problem. I love that you pre-read everything ahead of teaching!

Comment

*stay tuned for more questions*.
          Christine

(2019/2020)
          DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
          DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

Working...
          X