Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

New MP stuff - will it be added to SC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherylswope
    replied
    The guide is tight, so that might not happen immediately. However, consider your mixed opinion valuable and noted. Perhaps by the time your son is ready for it, the guide will include the Supplemental Workbook plans with an optional checkbox!

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied
    Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
    We are offering the Supplemental Workbook as an optional resource for SC.

Some of our SC teachers and SC students will find TS I and II sufficiently teacher-intensive and time-consuming with plenty of writing with or without the Practice Sheets, so we will keep the Supplemental Workbook optional unless we hear enough requests to make it scheduled.
    I have a mixed opinion! Isn’t that helpful? The older child will not need them as she has completed all 4 core skills books. However, for my son, I would appreciate them “in the guide” as it will entail less arguing. I think the workbook will be helpful for him. I like it in the guide as I am less likely to forget it! Perhaps a checkbox with “optional” as with the, now, supplemental primary phonics readers in MPK?

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied
    We are offering the Supplemental Workbook as an optional resource for SC.

Some of our SC teachers and SC students will find TS I and II sufficiently teacher-intensive and time-consuming with plenty of writing with or without the Practice Sheets, so we will keep the Supplemental Workbook optional unless we hear enough requests to make it scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied

A few notes that might help:

1. TS II Spelling Practice Sheets are already included in the SC 5&6 Core.

2. 8-week summer extensions occur only in SC B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

3. Beginning with SC 5&6, we offer the two different pacings (One-Year or Two-Year) to provide review throughout the lessons if needed. No matter which pacing is chosen, TS II Spelling Practice Sheets may be used throughout SC 5&6. We are adding instructions for these to the Curriculum Manual, but if you follow the instructions within the TS II Teacher Manual you will be fine. Simplified instructions: Students may practice spelling words during the week in a separate notebook or using the handy (and tidy) Practice Sheets!
    What about the spelling supplemental workbook? https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...tice-workbook/. Will these be added to lesson plans for SC4 + 5/6? Or just supplemental?

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied
    Originally posted by jejegreer View Post
    Are the Traditional Spelling 2 practice sheets going to be in the June update of the SC 5/6 curriculum manual? I see that the TS1 practice sheets are in the summer review for my SC4 guide already, in case anyone is wondering about that.
    A few notes that might help:

1. TS II Spelling Practice Sheets are already included in the SC 5&6 Core.

2. 8-week summer extensions occur only in SC B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

3. Beginning with SC 5&6, we offer the two different pacings (One-Year or Two-Year) to provide review throughout the lessons if needed. No matter which pacing is chosen, TS II Spelling Practice Sheets may be used throughout SC 5&6. We are adding instructions for these to the Curriculum Manual, but if you follow the instructions within the TS II Teacher Manual you will be fine. Simplified instructions: Students may practice spelling words during the week in a separate notebook or using the handy (and tidy) Practice Sheets!

Leave a comment:

• jejegreer
    replied
    Are the Traditional Spelling 2 practice sheets going to be in the June update of the SC 5/6 curriculum manual? I see that the TS1 practice sheets are in the summer review for my SC4 guide already, in case anyone is wondering about that.

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied
    Originally posted by howiecram View Post

That is just what I will do. (P.s. I see them listed, but no mention of a song, do you know the tune we are supposed to use?)
    Look at the sample via Milestone. You will see the Eight Parts of Speech song with musical accompaniment.

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied

English Worksheets from R&S -- I've been looking at those worksheet/booklets for several years! I have them here too. Though entitled "Remedial," they are packed densely with material that, so far, has been too advanced for us. However, we may include them in SC 7&8 and beyond. They might be a little heavy for summer, but feel free to begin if you would like.
    I would begin with the Eight Parts of Speech. If you wanted a simplified summer activity y
    ou could begin by teaching the Eight Parts of Speech song at the beginning of that book. This will give your daughter a good overview with which to revisit pronouns and other parts of speech through a review of SC Writing 2 lessons or CS LA lessons on those topics. Your call -- depends on how much you want to cover over the summer.

New English Grammar Practice from MP -- We have all of the lesson plans for EGP loaded up into the Curriculum Guide for SC 5&6 and set to release early June. When you receive your SCJ in June, you will know we are ready to share these! At that time, anyone who already purchased the SC 5&6 manual can request the updated plans. You will need to purchase EGP from MP if you have not already done so. Any newcomers to SC 5&6 will receive EGP (and the EGP plans) as part of the Core. This will be shown in the Summer 2019 SCJ.
    That is just what I will do. (P.s. I see them listed, but no mention of a song, do you know the tune we are supposed to use?) We can cover 1 per week, not use the worksheets, but review with core skills! That sounds like a simple plan!

I will I’ll look forward to the updated guide, when it is ready! (I nee a new 1st grade, so that will work well!)

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    Not yet. Changes to both the Curriculum Manual and Individual Subject Lesson Plans will occur early June.

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied
    Not yet. Changes to both the Curriculum Manual and Individual Subject Lesson Plans will occur early June.

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    New English Grammar Practice from MP -- We have all of the lesson plans for EGP loaded up into the Curriculum Guide for SC 5&6 and set to release early June. When you receive your SCJ in June, you will know we are ready to share these! At that time, anyone who already purchased the SC 5&6 manual can request the updated plans. You will need to purchase EGP from MP if you have not already done so. Any newcomers to SC 5&6 will receive EGP (and the EGP plans) as part of the Core. This will be shown in the Summer 2019 SCJ.[/QUOTE]

Have they been added to the individual online lesson plans yet?

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied
    Originally posted by howiecram View Post
    I am bumping this thread to inquire if the plans were or will) be updated? At that particular time, I was planning 3A (with 2 year LC) for my daughter and MP2 for my son, but now I have decided to stick with all of 5/6 for my daughter. I am still deciding what to do for my son, but if you think the EGP would be beneficial in 5/6 for her, I would love to have it in the guide.

Additionally, she is really struggling with grammar, in general. I have R&S 2 and 3 Grammar + R&S “English worksheets”. There are three separate little booklets saying for grades 3-5. They are titled 1)“The Eight Parts of Speech” 2) “The Sentence” or 3) “Punctuation and Capitalization”. The difficulty is with pronouns, etc. she gets “ verb and noun”. Anyway, I was wondering if working through one of these books this summer might be beneficial, if so, which would you recommend?
    English Worksheets from R&S -- I've been looking at those worksheet/booklets for several years! I have them here too. Though entitled "Remedial," they are packed densely with material that, so far, has been too advanced for us. However, we may include them in SC 7&8 and beyond. They might be a little heavy for summer, but feel free to begin if you would like. I would begin with the Eight Parts of Speech. If you wanted a simplified summer activity you could begin by teaching the Eight Parts of Speech song at the beginning of that book. This will give your daughter a good overview with which to revisit pronouns and other parts of speech through a review of SC Writing 2 lessons or CS LA lessons on those topics. Your call -- depends on how much you want to cover over the summer.

New English Grammar Practice from MP -- We have all of the lesson plans for EGP loaded up into the Curriculum Guide for SC 5&6 and set to release early June. When you receive your SCJ in June, you will know we are ready to share these! At that time, anyone who already purchased the SC 5&6 manual can request the updated plans. You will need to purchase EGP from MP if you have not already done so. Any newcomers to SC 5&6 will receive EGP (and the EGP plans) as part of the Core. This will be shown in the Summer 2019 SCJ.
    Student Workbook Sample Teacher Key Sample Designed for the final year of our primary school, English Grammar Practice is an oral practice of many basic asp
    Last edited by cherylswope; 05-10-2019, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied
    I am bumping this thread to inquire if the plans were or will) be updated? At that particular time, I was planning 3A (with 2 year LC) for my daughter and MP2 for my son, but now I have decided to stick with all of 5/6 for my daughter. I am still deciding what to do for my son, but if you think the EGP would be beneficial in 5/6 for her, I would love to have it in the guide.

Additionally, she is really struggling with grammar, in general. I have R&S 2 and 3 Grammar + R&S “English worksheets”. There are three separate little booklets saying for grades 3-5. They are titled 1)“The Eight Parts of Speech” 2) “The Sentence” or 3) “Punctuation and Capitalization”. The difficulty is with pronouns, etc. she gets “ verb and noun”. Anyway, I was wondering if working through one of these books this summer might be beneficial, if so, which would you recommend?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
    I also couldn't find any way to "like" a post, which could account for the lack of likes, LOL. But, when I followed your directions above, there was a box that could be checked so you are notified if someone likes your post.
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing your discovery!

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Hmm, my guess is you're not missing anything! I feel like on the updated forum, my "employee" user interface or whatever it is differs from the "regular" one more than on the old version.

"Liking" posts may be turned off, though it could be just a side effect of the update. I honestly can't remember: Did we have "likes" before the update?
    Thanks, that makes sense.

I honestly have no idea if we had likes before. I just noticed that it will show how many likes a post has, but it always says "0" and assumed that we couldn't like them. I also couldn't find any way to "like" a post, which could account for the lack of likes, LOL. But, when I followed your directions above, there was a box that could be checked so you are notified if someone likes your post.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X