Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

New: Easy Reader Classics Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New: Easy Reader Classics Collection

For the years our children need more reading practice yet we want good literature, MP now offers these little books:

Easy Reader Classics

These are stories the kids can read then, yes? What level(s) would they coordinate with?
    Christine

(2018-2019)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
    DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

Yes, children read these orally, or you can read alternating pages. The vocabulary is mostly controlled for "grades 1-2," although you will need to introduce the occasionally challenging proper name (e.g., Mowgli). For SC children, these will provide more challenging oral reading practice later in SC 2 and during the summer between SC 2 and SC 3, and then easier practice any time throughout SC 3 into SC 4.

Comment

Perfect! (I have these in mind for my son!). Are they leveled anyway? I mean does one book need to come before another?
        Christine

(2018-2019)
        DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
        DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
        DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)

Comment

They are perfect boy books! Your question is a good one. Checking on this ….

Comment

Do you know yet when they will be available? Are they only available individually?
            Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
            ds 23, graduated
            dd 15, 9th Grade
            dd 12, 6th Grade
            ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Yes, you can order individually. Example: https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...n-the-willows/

We hope to have answers to the other questions soon --

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
                Do you know yet when they will be available?
                Good afternoon Cheryl,

The readers should begin shipping out later next week.

HTH!
                Michael
                Memoria Press

Comment

howiecram, they come in no set order. Some seem a little easier than others, but to be safe our SC students will find any of the books in the collection most useful after SC 2.

Pardon the delay on this answer. It was good that Cheryl in CA bumped this!

Comment

Each title includes several books which should be read in numerical order for the story to remain chronological. But these sets do not increase in skill level so you can read Wind in the Willows first or Tom Sawyer first. It's up to you. Single titles can be purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good afternoon Cheryl,

The readers should begin shipping out later next week.

HTH!
                      Thanks so much Michael!
                      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
                      ds 23, graduated
                      dd 15, 9th Grade
                      dd 12, 6th Grade
                      ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Can we get a 'look inside' option or sample up? I would like to preview it prior to purchase. Thanks!
                        Married to DH for 13 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS10- Simply Classical 4 / Grade 3 Classic Core,
                        DD8- Grade 2 Classic Core,
                        DD 6- Classic Core Kindergarten

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
                          howiecram, they come in no set order. Some seem a little easier than others, but to be safe our SC students will find any of the books in the collection most useful after SC 2.

Pardon the delay on this answer. It was good that Cheryl in CA bumped this!
                          ..and that is precisely where my son will be this summer! Ironically, he picked up his sister's "Little House book". He likes to pick these types of books up and "skim" them (not really read, just run his finger under the words). He said "Hey Mom, I actually know almost all these words". He proceeded to read an entire page (with a little help). I think these books will be perfect for the summer!
                          Christine

(2018-2019)
                          DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
                          DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
                          DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
                          DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)

Comment

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
                            Can we get a 'look inside' option or sample up? I would like to preview it prior to purchase. Thanks!
                            Good afternoon,

[incorrect information deleted]

ETA: Ok, ignore everything I had written earlier. Tanya has informed me that we purchased this reprinting and thus we can post samples. They should be available in a few days.

HTH!
                            Last edited by Michael; 02-17-2019, 04:19 PM.
                            Michael
                            Memoria Press

Comment

Yay! I had looked up the ISBN to find a sample and all that came up was Memoria Press' page.
                              Married to DH for 13 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS10- Simply Classical 4 / Grade 3 Classic Core,
                              DD8- Grade 2 Classic Core,
                              DD 6- Classic Core Kindergarten

Comment

Working...
                              X