Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC Moms TONIGHT! (Tuesday, 1/15)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Moms TONIGHT! (Tuesday, 1/15)

I sent an email to those I have addresses for, but we’ll be meeting tonight at 8pm EST. Hope you can join us!

Heidi, I need your email address! <3
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
    DS-12 (6M)
    DS-10 (SC3)
    DD-8 (MP2)
    DD-6 (SC2)
    DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Oh no! I totally spaced this off! I’m so sad I missed it! I’m sending you my email address now.
    Heidi

2018-19
    dd- 3m
    ds- SC 1
    dd- SC B

Comment

I’’m so sorry to have missed. I’’ve been out of the loop. We are dealing with a toxic mold situation and in crisis mode! It still would have been nice to connect with the other SC moms—, so please count me in for the next one.
      expat mama south of the border
      DD MP8
      DS SC 2
      DS2 SC C
      DS3 SC A

Comment

Grace Ellen,

Toxic mold sounds like a mess! I pray for a quick and effective solution.

Heidi
        Heidi

2018-19
        dd- 3m
        ds- SC 1
        dd- SC B

Comment

Thank you so much. We just received the report 24 hours ago & trying to make sense of it all. Our house & all possessions are contaminated and many health issues seem to originate now with this ongoing issue. possibly including special needs).

Sorry—this is completely off topic! But thank you for prayers. +++
          DD MP8
          DS SC 2
          DS2 SC C
          DS3 SC A

Comment

GraceEllen, that sounds so stressful! Prayers for you and hope to chat to you in February’s meeting. I hope you see and feel lots of improvements in your family’s health!

Heidi, hope you are going well!

Btw, I didn’t even mention this on chat the other day...but I had mentioned to you guys (and Christine) that my baby, Thomas, was having serious feeding problems and want to let you know about our miracle baby! Essentially our December and early January has been all about Thomas and feeding. He has gone from being diagnosed with a severe feeding aversion (by Paed on 22nd Nov) and being told this will take 2 years to get him eating...seeing the best speech therapist for infant feeding problems in Sydney (who has been very concerned about him and saying this is going to take a LONG time!)....to today having a weaned baby who may not swallow or chew like a 12 month old yet but he is eating and improving every single day!! His bloods showed he had a critically low B12 level...I had no idea how serious this can be...but we have just seen this child changing before our eyes after having injections and supplements. In fact we went into hospital for his iron infusion last week and his bloods had improved so much it wasn’t necessary! We were all booked in to go to Tresillian (a week long stay to get the nurses to get there to get this baby to take a bottle - I had v bad excema on my nipples to top all this off, and having an 11month old living off breastmilk was not fun!) and one day he just touched the bottle teat to his lips, the next day he bit it, then he figured out how to suck and drank a whole bottle! (After we had attempted every single kind of way we/speech therapist/Paed could think of). He’s put on 700g in 10 days!! So, thank you, thank you for your prayers...I can’t tell you what a relief it is to have my boy eating. He’s not such an ‘easy’ baby anymore (haha) but it’s so wonderful seeing him becoming more and more himself, and looking oh so healthy!! And no signs of autism that we had been concerned about (deficiency in B12 can cause this!)
            Sarah

Aussies from Sydney, Australia
            Miriam 9yo Latina Christiana, Greek Myths, Poppers Penguins, Christian Studies 1, R+S 4 (also IEW Phonetic Zoo, IEW Poetry Memorisation, HWT Cursive)
            Jonny 6.5yo (Special Needs) SC Level 1
            Elissa 3.5yo SC Level B (for preschool)
            Thomas 12 months

Comment

Grace! I can’t even imagine how difficult this must be. Do you guys need replacement school books? Maybe some of us can pitch in to send any extra copies we may have of things?

Sarah, I am SO excited for you!! What a load off your mind. I pray things continue to go well.

Heidi — we missed seeing you! I got yours and Sarah’s PMs withyour email addresses so hopefully it will be easier for all of us to keep track of dates and whatnot. I had originally put the meeting down for a week late on my calendar!

Jennifer

2018-2019
              DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
              DS-12 (6M)
              DS-10 (SC3)
              DD-8 (MP2)
              DD-6 (SC2)
              DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

Sarah I am so happy for you. I remember seeing your little one in the fall (on the screen). Bless your heart.

Thank you for the sweet words. I am told we can’t save books but I’m going on a case by case basis.
                DD MP8
                DS SC 2
                DS2 SC C
                DS3 SC A

Comment

Sarah,

You and your family have been in my prayers! Praise God for your little one’s progress! I am so excited for you!

Grace Ellen,

Please keep us posted as you continue to mitigate the mold. I know I have a few extra books and other materials I would love to pass along.

Jen,

Thabk you for your willingness to create and lead this group. It has even a tremendous blessing to me.
                  Heidi

2018-19
                  dd- 3m
                  ds- SC 1
                  dd- SC B

Comment

Grace Ellen, I am so sorry to hear about the toxic mold! We have 4/5 people with asthma, that is a very scary situation! God Bless!

Sarah, congrats on the little guy eating! I can not imagine how stressful that was! Praise God!

i hope to join the Feb moms chat!
                    Christine

(2018-2019)
                    DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
                    DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
                    DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
                    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
                    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
                    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

Working...
                    X